Maintenance Technician 1 - Facilities Management * Evenings - 40hrs/wk.
Requisition #: req2370
FTE status: 1
This position has a schedule of 2:00pm - 12:30am and would work 8 days on shift and 6 days off shift.
The Maintenance Technician 1 provides maintenance and repair services for Metro Health facilities under the direction and supervision of the Supervisor – Maintenance to ensure comfortable, efficient, continuous and compliant facility operation.
- High school or vocational school diploma or GED.
- Additional vocational training in mechanical, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, plumbing, or other applicable advanced training or degree completion such as building technology, facilities management, etc., preferred. Will also consider Military Occupation Specialty (MOS) in mechanics or related field.
- Valid Michigan driver’s license without restriction affecting performance of job responsibilities.
- Able to read and comprehend at a basic level of understanding construction drawings and specifications, owner and operator manuals, etc.
- Able to verbally communicate fluently with individuals at all levels inside and outside the organization. Able to effectively communicate, read and construct written communications in English.
- Able to work independently, in support of other technicians, and as a team. Able to prioritize, schedule and effectively conduct work.
- Able to effectively use a computer, tablet, and other technology devices to conduct research on internal and external resources, utilize the department computerized maintenance management system, communicate via email and text messaging, receive and schedule calendar appointments, receive electronic training and receive and respond to alerts from multiple building and equipment management systems, etc.
- Basic troubleshooting skills and experience.
- Basic familiarity and understanding of plumbing fixtures and systems, preferred.
- Basic familiarity and understanding of electrical power distribution and lighting, preferred.
- Basic familiarity and understanding of heating and cooling equipment and systems, preferred.
- Basic familiarity and understanding of general carpentry and painting, preferred.
- General maintenance mechanic hand tools are required to be provided by the employee.
- Able to perform duties with minimal or no supervision.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Utilize the department Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to both create and receive work requests, document time spent, parts used, ongoing status, and completion information, etc.
- Utilize the department Building Automation System (BAS), Pneumatic Tube Transport System, as well as other automated equipment systems to view conditions, identify concerns, and respond to alarms.
- Accurately complete all required documentation including but not limited to the Infection Control Risk Assessment, Alternative Life Safety Measures, etc. for compliance with Metro Health policies and procedures and other authorities having jurisdiction including but not limited to Health Care Facilities Accreditation Program, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, State of Michigan, City of Wyoming, etc.
- Inspect both visually and through the use of technology the grounds, buildings and equipment to assess condition and operation, level of preventative maintenance, and detect conditions needing maintenance and repair; prepare documentation, reports and work requests from inspections.
- Complete preventative maintenance and corrective work orders including investigating the requirements and troubleshooting the problem(s) to determine the most effective solution. This includes prioritizing, scheduling, communicating, requesting non-stock parts and documenting time spent, parts used and ongoing status and completion information. Using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools and maintaining a clean, neat and compliant work area:
- Perform minor electrical maintenance, repair, replacement and installation
- Perform minor plumbing maintenance, repair, replacement and installation
- Perform minor level heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration maintenance, repair, replacement and installation
- Perform finish painting and maintenance painting of various surfaces, structures and equipment
- Perform minor carpentry work
- Reconfigure, install, move, position, and remount modular offices and equipment
- Perform basic equipment repair
- Accompany, assist, and coordinate vendors and contractors providing services within or upon Metro Health facilities.
- Monitor inventory and request both stock and non-stock parts, maintain parts rooms, vehicle inventory, along with tool, equipment storage and work areas in a clean and organized manner.
- Transport self/others to worksite, load/unload/pickup/deliver department stock/materials/tools/equipment, transport a variety of furniture/fixtures/equipment for other departments utilizing appropriate transport equipment including dollies, pallet jacks, hi-lo, motorized non-highway vehicles and motorized highway vehicles.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance. Respond timely and report to work for call-in, call-back, and telephone and other electronic requests for information both on and off-shift as well as on and off-rotation. Attend mandatory meetings and training sessions whether they occur on/off-shift as well as on/off rotation. Work extended and flexible hours when required including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays to access restricted areas and respond to non-clinical emergency requests and department absence and call coverage.
- Performs other duties as assigned. These may include but are not limited to: Maintaining a current knowledge base of department processes, protocols and procedures, pursuing self-directed learning and continuing education opportunities, and participating on committees, task forces, and work groups as determined by management.