Custom Profile, named Best Places to Work, has immediate openings for Extrusion Line Setup Technician for our Camden South Carolina location.
Custom Profile, an Employee Owned Company is coming to Camden, South Carolina! We are looking for Skilled Extrusion Set-Up Technicians on all 3 shifts to join our new facility!
Our Extrusion Set-Up Technician would be responsible for prepping, setting up, starting and overall completion of all set-ups per company specs and standard work instructions within assigned business units.
Our Set-Up Technician would also train other set-up operators and line operators on equipment, tooling, material, etc to meet our company goals of zero defects and 100% on-time delivery.
Reporting to the Extrusion Supervisor the successful candidate will be responsible for performing various tasks involved in the production of Custom Profile’s products. The successful candidate must follow standard work methods and practice safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible. This position will work as part of a team toward our company goal of zero defects and 100% on-time delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for prepping, setting up, starting and overall completion of all set-ups per company specs and standard work instructions within assigned business unit.
- Inspect parts for surface quality, color, profile appearance and dimensions, complete quality checks as necessary.
- Complete all necessary production paperwork in a timely manner during the course of the work shift.
- Validate process is stable through dimensional checks and consultation with Operators and make adjustments as necessary.
- Pull tooling, prep and make minor repairs to tooling and equipment as needed during the set-up of equipment.
- Train Set-up “B” and Line Operators on equipment, tooling, material, etc. Help Set-up “B” and Operators complete their training books.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area; follow daily housekeeping and 5S standards.
- Promote and maintain a culture and attitude of continuous improvement, working within the company team to make it more efficient, safety and an enjoyable place to work.
- Treat all employees with professional respect and dignity.
Qualifications and Requirements
- High School diploma, GED or a minimum of 1 year in a manufacturing environment.
- Extrusion experience required.
Strength in the following areas required:
- Basic math skills
- Basic Blueprint Reading Skills
- Basic computer skills
- Strong customer service skills with internal and external customers.
- Problem Solving/troubleshooting
- Strong communications/training skills/process paperwork
- Good planning and organizational skills
Experience in the following areas is preferred:
- Working knowledge of Extrusion equipment (including extruders, co-extruders, water troughs, water heaters, pullers/cutters, conveyors, etc.)
- Experience with manufacturing/quality tools (calculator, measuring cup, weigh scale, steel rule, tape measure, pro-scale, calipers, comparator, protractor, laser gauge, warp gauge, tape gun, stapler)
- 5S/Lean Manufacturing/Kanban
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Be able to stand on your feet on hard surfaces for up to 8 hours.
- Safety glasses, hearing protection and closed-toe shoes must be worn on the production floor.
- Competitive Salary, paid weekly
- Performance based bonuses
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- 401k with company match
- Gym Reimbursements
- Monthly wellness events with the opportunity to earn wellness points toward wellness items
- Monthly community service events
- Attendance Bonus of up to 4 paid days per year
- Apprenticeship Program
- Paid Time Off
- On-Site Flu Shots
- On-Site Biometric Screening
- Family Summer Outing
- Annual Company Meeting
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Training and Development Opportunities
- Referral Bonus Program
- Paid Holidays
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple demands.
- Basic math skills
Custom Profile, named Best Places to Work, is an Employee Owned manufacturer of plastic extruded products with over $50 million in annual sales and 400 employees at its locations in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Juarez, Mexico and Camden, South Carolina. The company is an industry leader in the profile extrusion industry, currently ranked 65th on the list of largest plastic extruders across all market segments for 2018, up 4 spots from 2017. Founded in 1992, Custom Profile has enjoyed consistent annual growth in its revenues and earnings in 25 of its 27 years in operation. Custom Profile boasts a blue chip customer base, including Herman Miller, Haworth, Hon/Allsteel, Steelcase, Whirlpool, Electrolux, GE Appliance, 3M and others.