About This Position
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing various tasks involved in the production of Custom Profile’s products. Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment supporting Total Customer Satisfaction of both internal and external customers. This position will work as part of a team to support our company goal of zero defects and 100% on-time delivery.
2nd shift will receive a $1/hour shift premium
3rd shift will receive a $.75/hour shift premium
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Pack parts as required on each extrusion line following the company specs.
• Inspect parts for surface quality, color, profile appearance and dimensions, complete quality checks as necessary.
• Complete all necessary production paperwork in a timely manner during the course of the work shift.
• Successfully complete standard work procedures, setting up downstream equipment, packaging supplies, and documentation.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Maintain a clean and organized work area; follow daily housekeeping and 5S standards.
• Promote and maintain a culture and attitude of continuous improvement, working within the company team to make it more efficient, safer and an enjoyable place to work.
At Custom Profile, we foster a culture that pursues Total Customer Satisfaction with an emphasis in the following areas:
• Honoring our commitments.
• The pursuit of zero defects through ongoing training, use of the most effective process technology, and a quality system that ensures clear communication throughout the company.
• Responding faster than our competitors in all areas, from quoting and tooling new programs to delivery of product.
• Recruiting, developing, and retaining our employees.
Our employees love to give back to the community by participating in monthly community service events and volunteering their time to local schools and other organizations.
• Competitive Salary and performance based bonuses
• Life Insurance
• Short and Long Term Disability
• Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
• 401k with company match
Qualifications and Requirements:
• High School diploma or GED
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple demands.
• Basic math skills
Experience in the following areas is preferred but not necessary:
• Basic computer skills
• Problem Solving
• Experience with manufacturing tools (calculator, measuring cup, weigh scale, steel rule, tape measure, pro-scale, calipers, comparator, protractor, laser gauge, warp gauge, tape gun, stapler)
• Basic Blueprint Reading Skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• 5S/Lean Manufacturing/Kanban
• Be able to stand in one place and perform continuous and repetitive movements which may last for up to 8 hours.
• Be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Safety glasses, ear protection and closed toe shoes must be worn on the production floor.