About the Position
Kitchen Staff- The Kitchen at 40 Cherry - Full Time or Part Time
Thank you for your interest in The Kitchen @ 40 Cherry. If you’ve clicked this far, you may be the perfect newest member to The Kitchen @ 40 Cherry team.
First, let us tell you about The Kitchen @ 40 Cherry (The Kitchen). We are a start-up social enterprise. The enterprise part: we’re dedicated to providing great food to all of our customers. The social part: we’re proud to partner with Mel Trotter Ministries to create, serve, and financially support the Mission’s efforts to feed men, women and children experiencing homelessness.
The Kitchen has two divisions within its operations:
1. Banquet Dining. The Kitchen’s largest customer is Mel Trotter Ministries. The Kitchen services Mel Trotter 7 days/week, 365 days/year, The Kitchen prepares and serves 300-600 meals per day, depending on the season.
2. Virtual Dining. The Kitchen has partnered with renowned restauranteur, Robert Earl and his newest company Virtual Dining Concepts to prepare and deliver virtual kitchen concepts to the broader Grand Rapids community. Current dining concepts include: Mr. Beast Burgers and Mariah Carey Cookies. In late summer and mid fall, two additional dining concepts will be added to The Kitchen’s roster: NASCAR and loaded mac/cheese fare.
The Kitchen’s success is almost exclusively dependent on The Kitchen’s team. We continue to build on the current ground-breaking, robust team already in place. Our next team member will demonstrate the most radical hospitality to fellow team members, customers and guests experiencing homelessness. The next team members will demonstrate:
* Enthusiastic about joining a start-up venture
* Passionate about serving great food
* Flexible to change – The Kitchen has a lot of it!
* Support fellow team members by listening and jumping in to help and problem solve – regardless of the task or challenge
* Acknowledge the gifts of others: team members, volunteers, guests to the Mission
* Willing to learn … learn … learn
* Be truthful; admit a mistake
Being people smart
* Exhibit compassion to those struggling
* Demonstrate a commitment to trying to understand another’s viewpoint and life experiences
* Work to be aware of personal actions that impact others: those who alike and those of different races, genders, and cultures.
We will trust you with: (Job Responsibilities)
* Works all kitchen stations, including dish, prep, cooking, assembling, and packaging.
* Prepares, cooks, assembles, and presents food safely, quickly and efficiently, meeting established standards.
* Delivers portions that are correct and meets all weight and presentation expectations.
* Works safely around kitchen equipment and reports any maintenance issues to the supervisor or manager
* Demonstrates knowledge of the brand and menu items
* Protects guest experience by ensuring packaging, presentation and quality is top level
* Ensures personal appearance is in compliance with the Handbook
* Tracks waste and stores food according to procedures
* Maintains cleanliness and food safety standards
* Communicates well with the team, supervisors, and managers
* Exhibits and encourages positive team behavior and work ethic
* Practices correct food handling and food storage procedures
Bring your strengths: (Job Requirements)
* Continues in pursuit of excellence in hospitality and customer service
* Works well in a fast-paced environment of a start-up operation
* Knife and culinary skills preferred, or willing and able to be trained
* Familiar with proper use of all kitchen equipment, or willing and able to be trained
* ServSafe trained on food safety, or willing and able to be trained
* Regular standing, walking, climbing, crouching, bending, pushing, or pulling
* Understand, speak, read, and write fluent English
* Required to talk and hear
* Able to lift 50 pounds regularly
* Able to use fine motor hand functions
* Frequently exposed to varying temperatures
* Able to work actively and on one’s feet for up to eight hours