Do you have a passion for helping customers? Are you interested in getting a head start in your Sales Career? Wondering how you can be the best and most effective Salesperson in the industry? Then you're in luck! Our perfect fit will have experience with the Plumbing or Distribution Industry Etna is looking for the best in class Sales Trainee to develop through our Trainee program and become a very successful Salesperson.
Outside Sales Trainee Job Summary:
Train in various departments, gain product knowledge, and learn company culture to become an effective Outside Salesperson in the company. The Sales Training program is an entry-level, hands-on training program. How quickly one moves through the program is determined by performance and available opportunities.
Outside Sales Trainee Residential Plumbing Sales Trainee Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
These include the following and others may be assigned.
- Meet or exceed the expectations of our customers by providing a positive customer experience.
- Talk with customers, outside Sales Representatives, and vendors by phone and email.
- Receive and process orders for product.
- Type orders and quotes within the system; preparing, posting, and closing work orders and projects as required.
- Create job files and organize paperwork as needed.
- Coordinate shipping of orders and materials required with various departments.
- Address issues concerning billing or services rendered, referring complaints of service failures to designated departments for investigation.
- Service counter customers needs through entering sales orders, expediting b/o’s, purchasing and or transferring special order or non stock items.
- Gather materials/products in the warehouse and or yard to package/assemble for customer pick-up within one hour of the order being printed.
- Use care in the handling of all materials and/or products.
- Prevent shipping errors and inventory errors through verifying of ones own work.
- Backing up service counter customers needs through entering sales orders, expediting b/o’s, purchases and or transferring special order or non-stock items.
- Operate all material handling equipment safely while adhering to all safety regulations.
- Assist in the stocking, cleaning, up keeping and appearance of the sales counter area.
- Maintain and build business relationships with customers.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Work safely
Residential Plumbing Sales Trainee Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to set a positive example.
- Maintain a professional image as a representative of the company.
- Have a valid driver’s license and insurance company acceptable driving record.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Ability to successfully achieve Powered Industrial Equipment operator’s license.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
- Ability to write reports and communicate data through correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, including using a calculator.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook. Knowledge of Eclipse is a plus.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, priorities, and deadlines and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Ability and willingness to relocate at the end of the training program.
Residential Plumbing Sales Trainee Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or
- One to two years of related experience and training; or
- Equivalent combination of experience and education.
Certifications and/or Licenses:
- Ability to pass operator exam and drive powered industrial equipment.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have acceptable driving record.
Plumbing Sales Trainee Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Frequently required to talk and hear; walk and stand; use arms, hands, and fingers; handle, grasp, and reach.
- Regularly required to sit; climb, bend, and stoop; push, pull, carry; and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to fulfill the essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and a safe manner.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include clear vision at 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more, depth perception, and color vision.
- Work performed in various environments, including warehouse, office, and outdoors, as move through the program.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Pass substance abuse screening.