- High School/GED
- 1st Aide/CPR certification
- CPR/1st Aide Certified
Position Overview: Provides personal care and assists with activities of daily living for elderly residents. Provides support to the Nurse Supervisor and Director of Resident Services.
Essential Job Functions:
· Communicates appropriate information to family members
· Distributes medication and provides treatments, personal care and assists with activities of daily living for elderly residents
· Orders medications. Stores, distributes and documents all prescription and over the counter medication given to residents per protocols and as ordered by the physician
· Assesses pain and follow through to treat per physician's order
· Provides treatments, changes dressings, checks blood sugars, oxygen and vitals and other medical interventions according to physicians orders
· Maintain all necessary documentation in a timely and accurate manner
· Receive, note and follow up with physician's orders
· Notifies physician with changes in condition, abnormal labs, x-ray and vitals and any other changes
· Assume the role of Care Partner- per that position description
· Takes direction from Supervisor, asks for help when needed, supports team members
· Reports changes in conditions or behaviors to nurses in a timely manner
· Other duties as assigned
Communicates using the following coaching skills
· active listening
· pulling back in emotionally charged situations
· giving clear and direct feedback without blame or judgment
· understands personal styles may contribute to differences in how you approach communication in the workplace
Service Expectations: Supports Mission, Vision and Values of Clark Retirement Community.
· Welcome each person graciously. Acknowledge each person with a smile. Expect to be of service to each person you meet.
· Listen to each person carefully. Hear what is said and notice what is not said. Strive to understand each person's needs, wants and desires.
· Respond to each person with the appropriate promise. Problem-solve with a person-centered focus. Be willing to partner with others to get the issues resolved. Give attention to detail. Act promptly.
· Follow Up with each person faithfully. Keep the promises you make by following up and following through. Exceed expectations by going the extra-mile, every time.
· Make it a Habit and keep pedaling the service excellence cycle! Delightfully surprise people by doing the right thing again and again. Be consistent, so that experiencing service excellence is the rule, rather than the exception.