CNA or MA - Radiology Assistant II - Radiology Administration * Shift varies - Resource
Requisition #: req555
FTE status: 0
Training for this position will be night shift (7p-7a) on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday for the first 3 weeks and then on day shift (7a-7p) on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday for the next 3-6 weeks. Candidates must be available to work this training schedule.
Under the direct supervision of the Radiology Support Supervisor the Radiology Assistant II will assist the clinical staff in patient preparation and performance of radiological procedures, transportation of patients and clerical duties. Must have excellent customer service & computer skills and participate in quality improvement activities. Provide a nurturing environment of patient safety and quality.
- Must have a high school diploma and completed any of the following programs:
- Medical assistant Certification or Registration and program completion
- Phlebotomy certification program
- Certified nursing assistant program and Michigan CNA license
- Completed one clinical rotation in a Radiology Tech or Nursing program
- EMT certification
- Current BLS certification - Basic life support.
- Basic Computer knowledge.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively.
- Must understand written and oral instructions from technical staff and physicians.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provides safe and effective patient care while performing the duties of the Radiology Tech Assistant II.
- Maintain certifications and education required by the hospital and radiology department.
- Utilize and effectively use all Radiology equipment and software in the performance of daily responsibilities.
- Demonstrate the appropriate knowledge of all protocols and procedures.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service in all interactions.
- Participate in the department quality initiatives of the department.
- Display consistent proficiency in using AIDET when communicating with patients, visitors, physicians, peers, managers, volunteers, internal and external customers.
- All other duties as assigned