Custom Profile, named Best Places to Work, has immediate openings for First shift Line Operator for our Canton Street location.
- Pack parts as required on each extrusion line following the company specs.
- Inspect parts for surface quality, color, profile appearance and dimensions, complete quality checks as necessary.
- Complete all necessary production paperwork in a timely manner during the course of the work shift.
- Successfully complete standard work procedures, setting up downstream equipment, packaging supplies, and documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area; follow daily housekeeping and 5S standards.
- Promote and maintain a culture and attitude of continuous improvement, working within the company team to make it more efficient, safer and an enjoyable place to work.
- Basic Life Insurance
- Optional Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 401k Plan
- Flex Spending (Health, Limited Purpose and Dependent Care)
- Wellness Events
- Gym reimbursement
- Community Service Events
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple demands.
- Basic math skills
Reporting to the Extrusion Supervisor the successful candidate will be responsible for performing various tasks involved in the production of Custom Profile’s products. The successful candidate must follow standard work methods and practice safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible. This position will work as part of a team toward our company goal of zero defects and 100% on-time delivery.
Custom Profile, named Best Places to Work, is a privately held manufacturer of plastic extruded products with over $36 million in annual sales and 225 employees at its locations in Grand Rapids, Michigan and Juarez, Mexico. The company is an industry leader in the profile extrusion industry, currently ranked 78th on the list of largest plastic extruders across all market segments for 2016, up from 82nd on the list in 2015. The company is looking to grow organically and acquisitively with plans of $50+ million revenue in the next 3-5 years. Founded in 1992, Custom Profile has enjoyed consistent annual growth in its revenues and earnings in 22 of its 24 years in operation. Custom Profile boasts a blue chip customer base, including Herman Miller, Haworth, Hon/Allsteel, Steelcase, Whirlpool, Electrolux, GE Appliance and others.