Do you have warehouse experience? Are you looking for a job where their is room for advancement? Do you want to find a job where you are considered as part of the family rather than just an employee? If so, Etna may be the place for you!
Etna Supply in Grand Rapids, MI is looking for the right individual to join our warehouse team! Attention to detail is a must for this position. The ideal candidate should be able to stand for lengths on end as well as have a great attitude. Etna offers a competitive wage, as well as paid time off within the first year!
Receive and put away product. Pull orders and prepare them for shipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
These include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Be friendly to every external and internal customer/potential customer you come in contact with and assist them to the best of your ability. If you are unable to assist them, politely put them in contact with the correct person who can.
- Understand the layout of the warehouse/yard and bin location system, as well as the different types of product Etna stocks.
- Use care in the handling of all materials, products, and/or equipment.
- Gather materials/products in the warehouse and/or yard to package/assemble for shipment and counter pick-up.
- Prevent shipping, receiving, and inventory errors through verifying one’s own work.
- Mark all products for pick-up and delivery with customer’s name and carton count.
- Sign, date, completely fill out, and mark shortages or damage on all documents/credits.
- Unload trucks to receive product and inspect and verify all incoming material for correct address, branch, damage, and freight bill count.
- Put away and stock product in its correct location.
- Report all vendor shipping errors following the SOP.
- Scan and file all receiving documents as well as freight claim and RGA documents.
- Assist in the upkeep and general housekeeping of the warehouse/yard.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Work safely.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Effective communication, stress management, and detail orientation skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Effective computer skills. Knowledge of Eclipse a plus.
- Basic adding, subtracting, multiplication, and division skills.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma; or
- Six months warehouse experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications and/or Licenses:
- Ability to pass operator exam and drive hi-lo.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to talk and hear; walk and stand; push, pull, carry, grasp, and handle, and use fingers.
- Regularly required to climb, bend, stoop, kneel, and reach; sit; and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to fulfill the essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and a safe manner.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include clear vision at 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more, depth perception, and color vision.
- Work performed mostly inside but do have to go outside at times with possible exposure to extreme weather.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Pass substance abuse screening.