This position evaluates operational efficiencies and analyzes expense trends to promote sound decision making amongst division leadership. Builds and supports standard reports, templates and other tools as well as provides valuable insights to help derive operational efficiency enhancement initiatives
- Support operational and business leadership with operational efficiency insights and value-add analysis.
- Track Leverage improvement and other cost savings initiatives.
- Assist with the LRP/AOP/Forecast processes for respective regions.
- Perform month-end review process, including:
- Review expense results and trends with operational leadership.
- Assist in preparation and review of month-end presentations for region senior teams.
- Prepare and input month-end comments Financial Packet and other relevant documents.
- Review Leverage results and other KPIs and provide insights to operational leadership.
- Support capital process by compiling data for capital requests and assisting with capital investment impact analysis.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert to operational leadership on all inventory and product loss activity.
- Participate in action teams, key strategic initiatives and special projects.
- Maintain Anaplan in collaboration with Home Office.
- Support scorecard setup and development plan objectives.
- Prepare cost input for the regional reforecast process.
- Assist in development of financial acumen for the region.
Potential candidate will have:
- Must have knowledge of general ledger accounting, cost accounting and analysis, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and internal control analysis and implementation. Experience manipulating large amounts of data.
- Knowledge of general accounting cycle, with ability to journalize and reconcile activity that flows through the trial balance. Ability to recognize inaccurate coding, and the ability to understand AP, AR, Payroll, inventory processes. Has great ability to problem solve with accuracy and thoroughness.
- Mathematical - arithmetic, measures, statistics, money
- Self Management - self direction, distraction, repetition, prioritization, fluctuations in workload, ambiguity, and accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments, maintains confidentiality.
- Reacts well under pressure and approaches others in a tactful manner, possess an entrepreneurial attitude, strategic visioning capabilities, strong decision making skills and enjoys working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Must have strong knowledge base of Microsoft Office products. Must be willing to take on additional tasks and duties when necessary.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Get a quick glance at who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you!
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to email@example.com and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.