About Steelcase Inc.
For more than 105 years, Steelcase Inc. has helped create great work, education and healthcare experiences for the world's leading organizations. Our family of brands, including Steelcase®, Coalesse®, Designtex®, PolyVision®, Turnstone® and AMQ™, offer a comprehensive portfolio of furniture and technology products and services. Steelcase is globally accessible through a network of dealers, including over 800 Steelcase dealer locations, and is a publicly traded company with fiscal 2018 revenue of $3.1 billion.
We’re hiring a Corporate Security Specialist in Kentwood, MI.
Hybrid role providing both physical security and Security Operations Center responsibilities. Responsible for the daily activities of local security force - responds to medicals, fires, and other site emergencies as well as non-emergency security issues. Provides physical security on the campus grounds. Monitors and assesses multiple global reporting platforms and initiates the appropriate communication process in support of the global crisis management system. Conducts and ensures the daily work of the security officers (full-time and contract) supporting life-safety, fire protection, access control and video systems. Assists the Steelcase Executive Team in carrying out all requests to support and resolve crises impacting the enterprise.
· Conducts ongoing accurate audits of security systems to determine proper functionality.
· Ensures best practices are being implemented for security policies and procedures.
· Able to work independently with limited direction.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate both verbally and through written media within all levels of the company.
· Proficient in Microsoft office products and able to operate company computer systems including critical fire, life-safety, and security system programs.
· Ability to identify, monitor, analyze and resolve safety and security issues.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment while leading or participating in additional projects, assignments or initiatives.
· Able to coach, mentor and achieve results through others.
· Proven ability to recognize and protect sensitive company information.
· Proven ability to organize and complete work in a fast paced and often stressful work environment.
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.