Medical Lab Assistant - Laboratory * Evenings - Resource
Requisition #: req133
FTE status: 0
To perform clerical tasks pertaining to the Laboratory Outreach Program, processes specimens coming into
the laboratory, answers phones, tube system and other duties as needed.
- Requires High School diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of Medical Assistant training preferred.
- Previous laboratory experience preferred.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Registers office outpatient and contract specimens accurately and promptly utilizing laboratory computer system.
- Orders laboratory tests correctly using appropriate codes.
- Labels specimens accurately, follows procedure for handling unlabelled or mislabeled specimens.
- Logs specimens received without orders in the hold over bucket.
- Accurately fills supply request orders by compiling supplies in correct quantities as requested by physician office within 24 hours of request when needed.
- Communicates with the PM Shift Supervisor immediately if there is a problem with a specimen or order.