Respiratory Therapist - RRT - Respiratory Therapy * Nights - 36hrs/wk
Requisition #: req232
FTE status: 0.9
Under the supervision of the Respiratory Therapy Manager, a Respiratory Therapist (RRT or CRT) with a license from the State of Michigan is qualified to perform all respiratory care services for patients who have deficiencies and abnormalities in respiratory function. A RRT or CRT performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. The RRT or CRT by virtue of educational background and clinical skills is utilized as an educator, mentor, Lead Therapist and consultant for clinical respiratory interventions.
- Must be a therapist credentialed by National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- Must be Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credentialed.
- Must be licensed by the State of Michigan.
- Must be BLS certified
- Must complete ACLS within 6 months of hire.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist with artificial airway management
- Performs Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, Patient Assessments and makes recommendations for all respiratory patients, Pulse oximetry monitoring, electrocardiogram, Holter monitor set up’s in ED after hours and on weekends and a member of the Rapid Response and ERT
- Provides both invasive and non-invasive mechanical support
- Administers humidity and oxygen therapy, bronchial hygiene therapy including percussion and postural drainage, breathing exercises, techniques and incentive spirometry, and aerosolized drugs
- Drawing and Analyzing of Blood gas samples to determine levels of oxygen, carbon dioxide and acid base balance of blood
- Document procedures according to department and hospital policy and procedures as well as patient education and care plans
- Assist with bronchoscopies and re-stocking of bronch cart and patient transports (internal and external)
- Participate in the department’s Quality Management Process
- Serve as a clinical instructor of respiratory therapy students
- Attend all department and hospital mandatory meetings and seminars as well as department education programs
- Other specialized bedside monitoring