This is a full-time position with benefits.
The Household Manager is an integral part of a dedicated and highly skilled team, responsible for providing outstanding customized service to our Clients. Maintaining a high level of Client satisfaction is critical to the success of this position. The individual in this role is responsible for supervising, training and developing team members at a professional level; providing cleaning and interior maintenance of private estates; and providing exemplary hospitality service to the Principals and their guests.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively lead the interior team: provide ongoing feedback; develop and mentor team members; motivate and inspire team members; lead by setting a good example (role model); create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, and cohesive team effort; effectively delegate while serving as a “hands-on”, working manager.
- Coach and train staff on proper cleaning, etiquette, serving, laundry and other responsibilities.
- Coach and collaborate with Chef to deliver a healthy and delicious culinary experience.
- Act as primary point of contact for Principals regarding interior operations of the households.
- Communicate and work with corporate team members to provide an exceptional “home” experience for the Principals.
- Plan, execute, and report seasonal cleaning and interior projects to the Principal.
- Assist with cleaning, vacuuming, dusting floors, ceilings, furnishings, hallways, fixtures, bathrooms, mirrors, and emptying trash containers.
- Launder, iron, fold, and put away clothing and linens.
- Assist with interior window and screen cleaning; scrub and polish floors.
- Clean and organize drawers, cabinets, and cupboards.
- Change bed linens and towels; make beds daily.
- Manage inventory, restock household supplies, and manage related costs.
- Lead execution of special events/dinners, including preparing proper table and linen setting; conducting set-up/tear-down of buffet and beverage stations; serving; assisting the Chef; assisting with preparing cocktails and beverages, etc.
- Consistently and proactively communicate with Principals regarding household operations, obstacles, and preferences; respond to texts, emails, and calls timely; anticipate needs.
- Efficiently communicate with other staff; attentively listen, ask questions, work well with others, and demonstrate a desire to be part of a team.
- Previous supervisory, housekeeping, and hospitality experience required.
- Training in and/or an eye for aesthetics is important.
- Excellent knowledge of household table etiquette, service, and entertaining protocol.
- Proven track record of providing outstanding customer service with a tactful demeanor.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Flexibility in schedule to meet requirements/needs; requires working weekend and holiday shifts as needed.
- Occasional regional travel required.
- Must be responsible, dedicated, and dependable; neat and tidy in appearance; organized and reliable.
- Uncompromised commitment to the highest level of confidentiality and sensitivity to privacy in all aspects.