Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!This position is an experienced role on the Merchandising Center of Excellence Analytics team. This role is responsible for developing and applying analytics that will have a positive impact on sales, margin and profit performance of specific Merchandise areas.
What You'll be Doing:
- Responsible for delivering material impact to the organization’s performance by: providing analytical support for Merchandising teams, identifying and executing against analytics-based business opportunities, and developing analytic approaches & reports that improve the efficiency of the Merchandising organization.
- Develop and apply advanced quantitative methods, data mining, modeling, and analytical tools to solve complex business problems across Merchandising.
- Partner and consult on report and tool solution designs that apply best in class analytics.
- Effectively communicate complex business analysis and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Keep customer at the center of analytic approach, analysis and solutions and partner with cross functional teams to drive customer centered focus at Meijer.
- Develop scorecards and partner with reporting teams to improve reporting effectiveness.
- Collaborate and build strong business relationships with Customer Marketing, Merchandising and Marketing teams to develop winning customer marketing solutions.
- Leverage disparate data sources for holistic understanding to solve complex business problems.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative field or Relevant Experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- 2-5 years business experience in marketing analysis or analytics consulting leadership.
- Experience in an Advanced Analytics environment working with customer analytic systems in both SAS & Teradata (preferably at a large retailer).
- Experience working in a cross-functional teams focused on: Business/Financial Analysis, Promotional Analytics, Customer Analytics, Pricing, Merchandising, Media Analytics, etc.
- Experience developing analytic techniques such as: forecasting, predictive modeling, segmentation analysis, simulation modeling, data mining.
- Experience in customer-facing industry (traditional or online retailing, retail financial services, etc.).
- Multi-channel experience preferred – familiar with both in-store/branch and online analytics.
- Advanced and hands on experience using one or more of: SQL programming; SAS Base programming, SAS Macro programming, SAS Advanced programming, SAS Enterprise Miner; SAS Visual Analytics; Hadoop programming; SAS in-database and in-memory programming; MicroStrategy.
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills: listening, verbal and written.
- Experience developing communications and presenting to leadership.
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills with ability to prioritize multiple/competing projects and assignments.