Custom Profile, named Best Places to Work, is a privately held manufacturer of plastic extruded products with over $40 million in annual sales and 330 employees at its locations in Grand Rapids, Michigan and Juarez, Mexico. The company is an industry leader in the profile extrusion industry, currently ranked 69th on the list of largest plastic extruders across all market segments for 2017, up 9 spots from 2016. The company is looking to grow organically and acquisitively with plans of $50+ million revenue in the next 3-5 years. Founded in 1992, Custom Profile has enjoyed consistent annual growth in its revenues and earnings in 23 of its 25 years in operation. Custom Profile boasts a blue chip customer base, including Herman Miller, Haworth, Hon/Allsteel, Steelcase, Whirlpool, Electrolux, GE Appliance, 3M and others.
Reporting to the Relationship Manager, the successful candidate will work directly within the Sales Department contributing to the continued growth of Custom Profile. Support the company goals of Zero Defects and 100% On-Time Delivery in a cost-efficient manner.
- Process customer orders/changes received via phone, fax, e-mail, EDI and customer websites according to established policies and procedures including contract review of each order for accuracy.
- New color orders
- Prototype Work Orders.
- Communicate with customers regarding shipping status and processing of ASN’s as required.
- Coordinate with internal departments to achieve our goal of 100% on-time delivery, improving current systems/process to avoid potential issues and/or delays.
- Communicate with customers in regards to complaints and follow through with Quality department to insure timely resolution
- Develop and maintain excellent communications with customers to full fill quality objectives for Custom profile
- Maintain a clean and organized work area; follow daily housekeeping and 5S standards.
- Promote and maintain a culture and attitude of continuous improvement, working within the company team to make it more efficient, safe and an enjoyable place to work.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of 1 year of previous Customer Service experience required; a suitable combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Associate or Bachelor degree preferred, but not required.
- Willingness to learn and take on progressively more responsibility within the Sales Department.
Strength in the following areas required:
- Microsoft Office experience (word, outlook, excel)
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, written and presentation)
Experience in the following areas is preferred:
- ERP/MRP Experience
- Experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Bilingual skills (Spanish)
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Safety glasses, hearing protection and closed-toe shoes must be worn on the production floor.
- Some travel, mostly local, is occasionally required.