Do you enjoy having a range of different responsibilities in your position? Are you the type of person who likes to stay active during your work day? Looking for the chance to learn so much about Distributing, Warehousing, Operations and more? Look no further, Etna has a great opportunity for a motivated, fast pace individual who can help with a variety if different projects in our Warehouse.
Etna offers great benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability), quarterly bonuses, 401k with company match, NO Sundays, overtime and so much more!
This person will be expected to travel a couple times a week as needed to our other Etna locations, majority travel is same day, some overnights, HOME WEEKENDS, all travel expenses are paid.
Warehouse Assistant Job Summary: Visit locations to complete projects while assisting the Distribution Center with day to day operations.
Warehouse Assistant Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
These include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Meet or exceed the expectations of our customers by providing a positive customer experience
- Put up, take down, cut, and lay out racking and shelving.
- Basic maintenance, including but not limited to, lights, carts, and doors
- Perform demolition, including but not limited to taking down walls and balconies
- Perform landscaping, including but not limited to clear out and plant trees, bushes, etc
- Perform carpentry, including but not limited to building bins and cutting boards
- Clean, organize, and assist with general housekeeping
- Run errands
- Ship and receive product
- Make deliveries
- Assist branches and departments as needed
- Special projects
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Work safely
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to use power tools and lawn tools
- Working knowledge of RF guns
- Ability to easily adapt to changing situations in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective communication, organization, and stress management skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally out of town and/or overnight.
- Basic adding, subtracting, multiplication, and division skills using a calculator.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Basic computer literacy.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent; or
- 1 year of warehouse and/or basic maintenance experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications and/or Licenses:
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Ability to pass operator exam and drive powered industrial equipment
- Valid Chauffer’s license
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to talk and hear; walk and stand; push, pull, carry, grasp, and handle; bend and stoop; and use fingers.
- Regularly required to climb, kneel, and reach; and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Occasionally required to sit; and lift up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to fulfill the essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and a safe manner.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include clear vision at 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more and depth perception.
- Work is both inside and outside with possible exposure to extreme weather.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Pass substance abuse screening. #IN23