Manages and Monitors all welding equipment and process to ensure they are meeting or exceeding set goals for production and quality standards. This will entail all welding processes mig.tig, Grinding, Spot weld, material handling, stud welding. Reduce manual labor cost & improve quality by improving the processes and or documentation..
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Will work in conjunction with the team leads to ensure the welding machines and operators are achieving established goals for throughput and quality. Will work in conjunction with jigs and fixture department to ensure the fixtures needed for the jobs are adequate to meet production needs, quality requirements and repeatability standards. Will work injunction with estimating to ensure we can achieve cost effective quotes to meet processes. Will work with the team leads to ensure we can train and keep our employee skill and knowledge to set goals.
- Create and maintain consistent clear set up instructions. Create the standard template or method to communicate to the operators how the machines, fixturing and part processes are to be used.
- Program management. Create programs needed for the process using a standard method and any logic needed for the set up. Set up levels of password protection per operator. Create process to pull any program down on any process.
- Develop solutions and determine proper weld sequences for cycle time and part requirement
- Calibration of equipment. Weekly or daily if needed calibration completed to maintain accuracy of the equipment to help maintain the accuracy of the programs
- Condition of equipment. Monitor and maintain working condition of equipment to ensure that it is in proper use.
- Training. Complete training needed for operators to ensure they have skills needed to complete their daily tasks. Audit and evaluate operators daily to validate they are following standard procedures put in place.
- Tooling. Work with the engineering / jig / quoting to develop cost effective tooling that is repeatable and productive.
- Review product design and implement labor / quality improvements. Support customer design to build in MFG ease.
- Reduce labor cost by improving product, processes or converting product over to automated methods.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school with 5 or more years experience in manufacturing, preferably metal fabrication; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Leadership training.
- Will need minimal of 2-3 years of Robotic / automation experience
- Prefer someone with CWI or CWE certifications