Custom Profile is seeking a Business Development Manager
Are you looking for an opportunity to join an employee owned company where you are responsible for obtaining and developing new business opportunities? Want to be part of a dynamic technical sales team focused on leveraging a growing extrusion companies core capabilities?
Custom Profile is an employee-owned company that develops and manufactures specialty thermoplastic profile extrusions and sub-assemblies with locations in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Camden, SC and Juarez, Mexico. Our in-house tooling design and fabrication allows for complete control of quality and reduced lead times. The company boasts a blue-chip customer base, including Herman Miller, Haworth, Hon/Allsteel, Steelcase, Whirlpool, Electrolux, GE Appliance, 3M and others.
At Custom Profile, we foster a culture that pursues Total Customer Satisfaction with an emphasis in the following areas:
• Honoring our commitments.
• The pursuit of zero defects through ongoing training, use of the most effective process technology, and a quality system that ensures clear communication throughout the company.
• Responding faster than our competitors in all areas, from quoting and tooling new programs to delivery of product.
• Recruiting, developing, and retaining our employees.
Our employees love to give back to the community by participating in monthly community service events and volunteering their time to local schools and other organizations.
• Competitive Salary and performance based bonuses
• Life Insurance
• Short and Long Term Disability
• Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
• 401k with company match
• Gym Reimbursements
• Identify, develop and implement a plan to grow Custom Profile sales at new customers.
• Develop an individual pipeline of opportunities with new customers.
• Closes sales by building rapport with new accounts.
• Initiates sales process by scheduling appointments, making initial presentations, and understanding account technical and commercial requirements.
• Utilize MS Dynamics CRM system to manage new opportunities.
• Work with Program Managers and Tooling Engineers to obtain necessary information such as extrusion rates, finishing rates, raw material, part design modifications, packaging, etc.
• Interface with customers to obtain information to adequately quote programs.
• Follow up on open issues related to quote requests.
• Review customer prints as part of the quoting process and direct print revisions as necessary with design engineers.
• Release new product to Engineering through internal New Product Launch.
• Create customer quotes using Custom Profile’s in-house excel based quoting system
• Bachelor’s Degree in business/Engineering preferred, but not required.
• Five years of new business development, account management, Engineering or Operations experience
• Strong organizational and follow up skills
• Superior time management/prioritization skills
• Self-starter that takes initiative and is action oriented.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Computer Skills include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Dynamics CRM
• Strong Print Reading Skills.
• Ability to prospect new business opportunities; be persistent and meet sales goals required.
• Strong communication skills (verbal, written and presentation).
• Willing to travel up to 50%.
• Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
• The noise level in our work environment is moderate.
• Safety glasses and closed-toe shoes must be worn on the production floor.