We are hiring a Manager of Corporate Strategy. Steelcase Strategy and Corporate Development partners directly with global senior level executives throughout the organization to develop, communicate and drive the corporate strategic plan. Project examples include digital transformation, mergers & acquisitions, business unit strategy & leading executive and board events.
What You Will Be Doing:
• Corporate activities related to global strategy development, implementation and M&A planning and implementation
• Collaboration with Corporate Strategy Team, Steelcase Executive Team (“SET”) and global leaders to develop long-term and annual strategic plans
• Work with each discipline to include corporate priorities in the business unit planning processes
• Identify, evaluate and promote strategic opportunities for long-term corporate growth
• Keep abreast of emerging market trends and emerging methods of strategy practice
The Manager, Corporate Strategy will interface daily with multiple key stakeholders across the business, including other Directors and Vice President of Corporate Strategy, members of the Steelcase Executive Team, General Managers, Finance and Operations Partners. You will also be responsible for leading projects and working collaboratively across all levels of the organization.
Who You Are:
You are a creative, out-of-the-box thinker who is intellectually curious with a demonstrated interest in learning. You are a self-motivated, high-energy individual who can easily function in a high demand, performance-driven environment. You are accustomed to working on multiple tasks in parallel. You will demonstrate strong leadership skills, best demonstrated by your ability to gain credibility with team members and senior management.
The Successful Candidate Will:
• Be modest in nature, recognizing the accomplishments of the team before the individual
• Be highly motivated and possess vision and enthusiasm
• Be comfortable acting as an individual contributor and as a team manager (Player/Coach)
• Understand how to deliver on short time frames and be committed to meeting deadlines
• Communicate in an open and honest way that quickly builds trust and respect
• Possess an entrepreneurial spirit
Skills and Competencies:
• Strategy Consulting Experience: The ideal candidate will have at least two years of strategy consulting experience from a top-tier management consulting firm.
• Industry Exposure: Experience in Consumer, Retail and/or Manufacturing is ideal. Diversity of work is welcomed.
• Growth Strategy and Development Experience: The ideal candidate will have spent the majority of their time in consulting focused functionally on growth and profit strategy. Experience with business valuations, negotiations, mergers and acquisitions is a plus.
• Structured & Logical Thinking: Superior critical thinking skills are critical to this role, including the ability to identify and define problems, collect data, establish facts and demonstrate a ‘nose for value’ to discern what is important and draw valid conclusions.
• Communication Skills: Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, both written and verbal, with exceptional presentation skills and high emotional intelligence is critical. Leadership experience is highly valued.
• Analytical Aptitude: Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
• Preferred: MBA and minimum 5 years of total work experience
Why People Choose to Work with Us:
At Steelcase, we put people at the center of everything we do. We understand the role of work and believe that it can bring meaning and purpose to the lives of our customers and our employees. We prioritize supporting our employees both in and out of work, in all aspects of their lives. When we bring our talents together, we make a positive lasting impact through our work and communities.
Who We Are:
Organizations around the world trust Steelcase to help them create places that help people work better, be inspired, and accomplish more.
We design, manufacture, and partner with other leading organizations to provide architecture, furniture, and technology solutions - accessible through a network of channels, including over 800 Steelcase dealer locations. Steelcase is a global, industry-leading, publicly-traded company with fiscal year 2021 revenue of $2.6 billion.
What Matters to Us:
More than qualifications, we’re looking for talent and potential. We are proud to have a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're always looking to improve our global community. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different from themselves, building mutual respect and positive relationships. We invite people from all backgrounds and genders to apply. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. We are proud to be recognized for our inclusive workforce by the Corporate Equality Index for the past nine years.
If you’re interested in Steelcase, but this isn’t the right time or role, join our Talent Community to be updated on future openings in your area(s) of expertise.