Job Title: Paper Products Crewleader
Department / Division: Manufacturing / Access Business Group, LLC.
Location: Ada, MI
What’s special about this job:
The Paper Products Plant produces cartons and labels for Amway’s core products. This team works to produce the majority of our ABO literature to grow their business and showcase Amway products. They are focused on consistent and dependable delivery of high-quality products for our global customer base, while collaborating cross-functionally with our creative business partners. This versatile role will work on a 3rd shift schedule, possess prior manufacturing experience, leadership abilities, and strong communication and interpersonal skills.
How you would contribute to the role:
The Paper Products Crewleader role will give you the opportunity to utilize your strong people skills as you set the daily pace for the plant floor and coordinate the movement of labor to meet customer demands. You will be the point person of leadership on the 3rd shift schedule to ensure safety, quality, and cost are met on a day-to-day basis. Your ability to lead people will be valued in this role as you ensure employees are properly trained while keeping production lines properly staged with components for the scheduled production run. The ability to keep proper records of inspection will be valued as you utilize this during an Amway or external audit. Leading by example will be key to success, as you work alongside the employees within the plant to troubleshoot, maintain workload, and meet customers needs in a cost-competitive, safe, and high-quality environment. Your ability to lead, train, and direct both Amway and temporary employees will be valued as you cultivate an environment of trust, dependability, and empowerment.
What skills and background will be important to be successful:
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment for 1 – 3 years, preferably in a leadership role
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills with the ability to coach, support, and develop employees in continuous improvement and success
- Possess strong motivation, level of urgency, and confidence in decision making, daily tasks, and prioritization
- Strong attention to detail, organization, problem-solving, and project coordination
- Ability to take initiative while proactively prioritize, plan, and execute competing schedules and plans in an organized, timely manner
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, JD Edwards
- High school diploma required, Associate degree is a plus
If you can see yourself as part of this collaborative environment, visit our website to apply: www.amway.jobs.