Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
Currently, Meijer is looking for an energetic Central Fill Pharmacy Technician. Under the supervision of a Pharmacist, refills and replenishes prescription requests in an automated central fill pharmacy setting. Prepares packages and distributes medications in a fast-paced production environment, maintaining quality and a continuous, consistent work flow in order to meet daily production goals. Practices 200% Safety Accountability. Currently this position will consist of 4 ten hour shifts.
Key responsibilities include:
- Fills cassettes and bottles with prescribed tablets and capsules. Places pharmaceutical products in appropriate containers and affixes labels to containers in Bulk
- Inventories cycle counts of each medication and counts stock to maintain inventory. Monitors prescription inventory for expired pharmaceuticals
- Reads computer generated screens to find indicated merchandise on labeled shelves and verifies the size and strength of the product before selecting order. Select drugs from stock for preparation; counts or pours pharmaceuticals.
- Restocks and replenishes medication in appropriate location
- Performs cleaning and maintenance on all cassettes
- Maintains the floor and work area in a clean and orderly condition
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Successful completion of Meijer Technician Training & Certification Program
- Working knowledge of pharmacy operations
- Good computer skills