Job title: Payroll Specialist (Hybrid Office/Remote)
Department / Division: HR Departmental Consulting / Human Resources
Location: Ada, MI
*Note – this position is a hybrid office/remote role and you must be able to report to the Ada, MI office when required
What do we need:
A Payroll Specialist who can support the policies and practices that align with our strong Amway values and employment brand, and whose efforts establish a workplace environment envied in the marketplace. This work will provide Payroll Support to employees and leaders throughout the US, Canada, and Dominican Republic.
What’s special about this team:
This HR team is part of a diverse group providing world-class customer service and issue resolution to leaders and employees. Our Payroll Support Specialists collaborate with colleagues in Payroll Processing, Employee Relations, Employee Systems, Legal, and Benefits.
What’s special about this role:
As a Payroll Support Specialist, you will engage employees at all levels in a diverse work environment. You will be responsible as first and direct points of contact for all US employees via email messages, chat, and online inquiry tickets for all payroll-related questions and issue resolution. Your ability to utilize multiple systems to analyze, audit, reconcile and resolve discrepancies and conduct root cause analysis, will establish your success in this role. You will be responsible to manage issues from inquiry to implementation of solution through effective use of systems, data, laws, and comprehensive communication.
You will be responsible for evaluating system and/or processing issues and developing and/or recommending improvement plans for greater accuracy and efficiency. At times, you will lead cross functional projects related to pay changes or solutions. You will collaborate with members of Payroll and other HR teams on strategies, programs, and policies.
You will be part of a team based in Ada, MI and will report directly to an HR leader at our global world headquarters. Shift flexibility will be necessary, to provide coverage to our West Coast operations. Your expertise, commitment to excellent service, and effectiveness will be valued in this role. This is a special role for someone who enjoys helping others, is comfortable working independently and across partnerships, and seeks to promote the award-winning culture our employees enjoy. You will make immediate positive impact in this work.
- 3+ years of complex payroll processing and support in a medium-large corporate environment
- Broad understanding of the intersection of payroll and other HR functions
- Expertise in Payroll validations and results interpretation
- Intermediate level of Excel required with capabilities in PowerPoint, Word, and Teams desired
- Preference for experience with SAP/SuccessFactors, Workforce Software (WFS) and Service Now
- Desirable Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) from American Payroll Association or equivalent
- Associate degree, or equivalent related experience
Skills to be successful in the role:
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple competing deadlines and leading issue resolution projects
- Proven ability to deliver outstanding customer service with a sense of urgency
- Ability to develop and maintain effective and productive relationships with employees at all levels of the organization
- Strong, independent problem-solving skills delivered through excellent communication style
This role is not eligible for sponsorship.