Who is Mel Trotter Ministries?
We are innovative, empathetic and compassionate difference-makers. We walk alongside people as they transform their lives. We strive to impact our community, ending homelessness, one person at a time. Do you share our innovative and driven love of people, and do you want to make a difference? Join our team, see what we can do together, through the power and compassion of Jesus Christ.
You belong here if:
You are called to make an impact in greater Grand Rapids
You are called to help men, women and children overcome homelessness
You see value and potential in every human being no matter how broken they are
You rejoice in seeing lives transformed forever
You are called to demonstarte the compassion of Jesus to everyone
We are pleased to offer:
Mel Trotter offers a competitve benefits package consisting of many unique benefits not found elsewhere, along with the traditional benefits for full time staff of insurance, time off, disability, and retirement. Some examples of our unique benefits available on-site to all staff are:
- Free chiropractic services
- Free legal consultation
- Dental clinic serving those with and without insurance
- Certified counselor to assist with personal challenge
We will trust you with:
- Provide accurate documentation of all Guest interactions and medical interventions
- Assist with Health Education and referrals to hospitals, agencies and clinics as needed for Program Guests
- Direct, teach, mentor, coach and work with nursing students when they are on site, helping them acclimate and achieve success with their internship
- Provide triage and medical assessments of Public Inebriates (PI) and Program Guests with emergent medical complaints
- Coordinate and evaluate medical inventory or item donations
- Assist in coordinating and providing TB skin tests for staff and Flu shots when available.
- Maintain PI statistics needed for PI Program funding needs
Bring your strengths:
- Formal training in the nursing field with a State of Michigan LPN AND/OR RN License
- Current CPR Certification.
- Some crisis intervention training and/or experience