The Engineering Manager is the champion of technology for Custom Profile’s equipment, processes and systems, which are designed to deliver superior performance and operational efficiency. The Engineering Manager supports the operational business development effort with current and potential customers, and development of processes & protocols through a structured new product launch that is focused on velocity to market and manufacturing repeatability. Lead, motivate, and train a group of project/program and tool development engineers whose primary responsibility is to define, launch and implement repeatable manufacturing processes and process capabilities. Provides ongoing review of the effective utilization of equipment, production methods, equipment layout, personnel, and material flow. Lead by example and provide exceptional support to customers, team members, and shareholders.
Custom Profile is an employee-owned company that develops and manufactures specialty thermoplastic profile extrusions and sub-assemblies with locations in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Camden, SC and Juarez, Mexico. Our in-house tooling design and fabrication allows for complete control of quality and reduced lead times. The company boasts a blue-chip customer base, including Herman Miller, Haworth, Hon/Allsteel, Steelcase, Whirlpool, Electrolux, GE Appliance, 3M and others.
At Custom Profile, we foster a culture that pursues Total Customer Satisfaction with an emphasis in the following areas:
- Honoring our commitments.
- The pursuit of zero defects through ongoing training, use of the most effective process technology, and a quality system that ensures clear communication throughout the company.
- Responding faster than our competitors in all areas, from quoting and tooling new programs to delivery of product.
- Recruiting, developing, and retaining our employees.
Our employees love to give back to the community by participating in community service events and volunteering their time to local schools and other organizations.
- Competitive Salary and performance based bonuses
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- 401k with company match
- Gym Reimbursements
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of 7 years of supervisory experience.
- Extensive experience in profile extrusion and other manufacturing philosophies and processes.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering preferred, but not required, equivalent combination of education and experience.
Strength in the following areas required:
- Proven track record in communication, leadership, business analysis, process development, administration, and change management.
- Microsoft Office experience (word, outlook, excel)
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Blueprint Reading
Experience in the following areas is preferred:
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- The noise level in our work environment is moderate.
- Safety glasses, hearing protection, closed-toe shoes must be worn on the production floor.
- Some travel, mostly local, is occasionally required.