Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.The Textile CAD Designer is responsible for creatively developing print and pattern designs, leading the development of own brand artwork for all apparel and accessories.
What You'll be Doing:
- Create the artistic translation of the company’s brand strategy into Own Brand textile print and pattern.
- Work with Design & Product Development to understand seasonal pattern work needs, review all pattern strike-offs and handlooms.
- Design seasonal print and pattern work for line development which includes prints, yarn dyes, logos, appliqués, graphics, and embroidery.
- Aid in the creation of Style CADs for assortment presentation purposes.
- Format all artwork development for transmission in Tech Packs.
- Utilize team resources (internal and external) to effectively execute processes.
- Update and maintain in house print/pattern library.
- Establish and monitor the CAD process and calendar to ensure project deadlines.
- Update and maintain technology, software and equipment needs.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent retail experience.
- Experience in CAD design with emphasis in Textiles & Apparel preferred.
- Expertise in design software including Photoshop, Illustrator, U4ia.
- Knowledge and understanding of branding.
- Strong management, communicative, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of the apparel retail industry.
- Understanding of specific merchandising lines and core customer behavior.
- Office computer skills; ability to learn company systems and tools, preference for Microsoft application experience.