About the Position
Intake Specialist – Full Time
This position is responsible for welcoming and showing hospitality to our guests, along with ensuring the building is safe and secure. This position also requires some administrative duties.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We will trust you with: (Job Responsibilities)
Security and Safety
* Ensure and maintain a peaceful and safe environment by being present where guests are at, making rounds, perimeter checks, monitoring the security cameras, monitoring the radio traffic, and searching guests upon entry.
* Monitor guest behavior to ensure MTM policies and procedures are followed and the environment is safe and secure. Use non-aggressive, non-physical actions to address issues. Engage law enforcement or medical personnel as needed.
* Ensure organization, cleanliness, and proper use of the Bag Room, Tote Room, Scrub Room, Shower Room, and Heat Treat.
* Interact positively with others, answer questions, provide information about MTM, escort visitors, and present a positive image of MTM.
* Assist nurses with requests for aid in Profoundly Intoxicated Shelter and/or Recuperation areas
* Help guests manage their schedule and activities while they are in the mission. This includes responding to requests, offering assistance, handling mail duties, and ensuring basic needs are met.
Communication and Record Keeping
* Perform administrative duties using designated computer software systems, or other method to ensure guest and shift paperwork is completed timely and accurately.
* Promptly communicate guest issues or concerns with advocates and leadership
* Direct and guide interns and volunteers (including community service workers), ensuring they are adhering to position requirements and MTM policies and practices.
* Assist in the monitoring and reporting of building cleanliness and sanitation issues, and help with cleaning duties as needed (in particular staff storage and office areas)
Bring your strengths: (Job Requirements)
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Preferred, but not required, certification in CPR and First Aid
* Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
* Preferred, but not required, experience in residential care, counseling, or crisis intervention
* Models professionalism
* Regular standing, walking, climbing, crouching, bending, pushing, or pulling
* Understand, speak, read, and write fluent English
* Ability to communicate verbally and to accurately hear, with hearing correction
* Ability to see 20/20, with vision correction
* Able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, and up to 35 pounds regularly
* Able to use fine motor hand functions
* Frequently exposed to varying temperatures from below 32 degrees to above 80 degrees
About our Culture
Who is Mel Trotter Ministries?
We are innovative, empathetic and compassionate difference-makers. We dream and dare more for MTM because all of God’s people deserve more. We walk alongside people as they transform their lives. Do you share our innovative and driven love of people, and do you want to make a difference? Join our team! Together and through the power of Christ, we can do immeasurably more to solve homelessness in our community.