We have an excellent opportunity for a full-time Mortgage Compliance Officer at our Corporate Headquarters in Grand Rapids, MI. United Bank is searching for driven individuals who are focused on teamwork and finding real solutions for our Mortgage customers and ensuring compliance with Mortgage regulations.
The Mortgage Compliance Officer position is a fundamental position at United Bank. Along with supervising the disclosure desk and construction loan disbursement process, this position is responsible for the compliance aspects of mortgage lending, including disclosures, training, and serving as an audit and regulatory liaison. This position also supervises the banks disclosure and construction disbursement processes as well as participates in secondary market management activities. Is responsible to assist in the creation, development, updating and implementation of polices and procedures to ensure compliance with mortgage lending laws and regulations. Collects data and prepares and analyzes reports to support monitoring compliance related to HMDA. Works with the banks compliance officer to manage CRA, HOEPA, Flood, HPML and other compliance related lending regulations. Assists in the coordination of internal audits and regulatory examination work related to the mortgage lending department. Is also responsible for identifying factors relating to file deficiencies, identify and mitigate high risk issues, recognize and control mortgage compliance errors, and respond to third party auditors. Reviews changes to loan products, operational procedures, and forms for compliance with laws and regulations. Provides training as required by new or amended laws and regulations, product or system changes. May serve on various committees to implement regulatory changes as they occur. Assists with Secondary market activity including Quality Control Reviews and Custodial Account Balancing. You are responsible for compliance to criteria established by secondary markets, internet support and documentation, and supporting the department as tasks are assigned. You are responsible for areas of compliance as it relates to this position and may undertake special projects as assigned.
This position requires:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from a four-year college;
- 2 to 5 years of related experience and/or training;
- or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Computer competencies and the ability to analyze tax returns;
- Understanding of Mortgage regulations;
- Ability to research and independently reach decisions;
- Regular sitting, occasional standing and walking;
- Utilizing hands & arms;
- Ability to talk & hear;
- Required to have clear vision at 20 inches or less;
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors.
United Bank of Michigan is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and to have an inclusive culture to promote and ensure equal opportunity decisions regardless of race, color, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
As a full-time employee of United Bank, you would join an outstanding, supportive culture of employees. You would also gain several attractive benefits, including the following:
- Paid vacation, sick, and personal days;
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance;
- Long and short-term disability;
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match;
- Education reimbursement;
- Wellness opportunities;
- Training and development opportunities;
- Pay for performance;
- Promote from within philosophy;
- Bank products and services;
- Veteran friendly employer.
If you require an accommodation to apply to this position, please call (616) 559-4526, or email careers@UnitedBank4U.com. This contact information is for accommodation purposes only.