Job Title: Tax Specialist- Transfer Pricing
Department / Division: Tax/Finance
Salary Range: For Michigan and locations not listed above: $78,107-$101,080 plus an annual bonus
For California and Washington D.C.: $84,338-$109,143 plus an annual bonus
For New York: $89,033-$115,219 plus an annual bonus
Location: Ada, MI or remote from CA, WA, CO, IL, TX, FL, GA, NC, NJ, NY, MI or Washington D.C.
What We’re Looking For:
We are seeking a highly motivated Transfer Pricing Analyst to join our dynamic Tax team. Reporting to the Global Transfer Pricing Manager, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring compliance with international transfer pricing regulations and optimizing our intercompany pricing structures. You will be responsible for coordinating with GBS to gather and analyze data, conduct functional, risk, and economic analyses, and contribute to transfer pricing documentation preparation. Your role will involve collaborating with external advisors, GBS, and corporate teams to support transfer pricing foreign audits and address specific questions related to global price setting. You'll have the opportunity to build strong relationships with functional and competency leads within GBS, perform area-specific research, and provide support to various global tax competency groups as needed.
In this role, you will regularly accomplish a range of duties, including preparing specific transfer pricing documentations, assisting with tax aspects of financial matters such as repatriation of funds and loans, managing transfer price calculations, and staying updated on the latest developments in tax regulations. Additionally, you'll support the scoping, design, testing, and ongoing improvement of processes, procedures, and technology solutions, enhancing efficiency in your role. Collaboration will be a key aspect of your work, as you interface with personnel from all areas of the organization to obtain financial and other relevant data. This position offers a unique opportunity to contribute to our organization's financial compliance and global tax strategy while developing your expertise in international taxation and transfer pricing.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years’ related experience in Tax or Finance with a bachelor’s degree in Tax, Accounting, or similar field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge & experience in all aspects of transfer pricing research and compliance would be helpful
- Talent to collaborate with internal partners and external advisors to bring projects forward to completion
Skills to be successful in the role:
- Knowledge of JDE, Oracle would be helpful
- Public Accounting experience in a multinational setting
- Tax Knowledge - Demonstrated knowledge & experience with tax analysis for country/region of responsibility
- Research & Analysis - Demonstrated ability to research, analyze and draw conclusions from tax-related laws, regulations and court cases.
- Analyze Data - Ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical material.
- Communicate Financial Information - Effectively communicating and presenting complex financial data (both verbally and written) to influence all levels and global audiences, helps others understand financial data and translate it into actionable business insights.
- Strategic Thinking - Ability to think strategically and understand the broader view. Demonstrates an understanding of the long-term, "big picture" view of needs and opportunities.
- Project Manager - Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
- Critical Thinking - Ability to formulate conclusions and recommendations using facts and data, financial and business analysis, deductive reasoning and sound judgment.
- Consulting - Ability to effectively provide technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; knowledge of applicable tools and techniques to maximize consulting effectiveness.
- Relationship Management - Ability to develop and maintain effective and productive relationships, including ability to influence, negotiate and manage conflicts effectively and constructively with clients, vendors and peers.
- Knowledge of the Business - Knowledge of the business and the key internal and external drivers that affect the business, including financial, political and industry trends.
What’s special about this team:
The Transfer Pricing team is a dedicated and close-knit group of professionals who play a crucial role in shaping the global financial landscape of our organization. With a collaborative spirit, this team of experts, consisting of approximately 8 members, takes on the intricate and ever-evolving challenges of transfer pricing in a multinational setting. What sets us apart is our unwavering commitment to precision and compliance while also being forward-thinking in our approach. We foster strong partnerships not only within our team but also with key stakeholders across various departments, including finance, tax, legal, and business development, as well as different foreign affiliates. As part of this dynamic group, you'll be exposed to a wide array of complex transfer pricing projects, offering you an intellectually stimulating environment that not only challenges your expertise but also provides a platform for professional growth and innovation.
This role is “Not” eligible for sponsorship.