You can have an internship. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as an Accounting Intern at Herman Miller and do both.
About this Opportunity
Herman Miller’s Summer Internship Program is a paid, 12-week opportunity that provides a 100% real-world experience for students early in their career. Throughout the summer you will apply academic learning to real-world situations and cultivate leadership, problem-solving, and communication skills.
As an Accounting Intern, you'll have the opportunity to rotate throughout the Accounting Department and assist with projects such as the year-end SEC financial reporting process, internal audits, and general ledger accounting.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, influence others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Become an active member of the external financial reporting team by preparing 10-K disclosures.
- Work with the internal and external audit teams to perform walkthroughs and tests of key controls for SOX compliance.
- Conduct activities in support of maintaining, monitoring, and reconciling general ledger accounts.
- Collaborate with the Finance Team and internal Herman Miller contacts to collect and validate data.
- Use established procedures to support documentation processes in compliance with corporate financial guidelines.
- Work with a variety of business partners for a well-rounded experience.
- Work with a cross-functional team to complete an intern project.
- Gain on-the-job work experience aligned with your career goals.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve our goals.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you are...
- A high achiever who can work independently.
- A strong written and verbal communicator.
- A critical thinker who enjoys solving problems.
- Motivated and a quick learner.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Enrolled and pursuing a four-year Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, and able to provide transcripts upon request. You'll need a GPA of at least a 3.0 (cumulative or within your major) to qualify for consideration.
- Satisfactorily finished with the basic coursework in your chosen degree program.
- In favorable academic standing within your current academic program.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Able to perform all essential responsibilities of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.