Job Title: Pkg Technician I – IV
Department / Division: Manufacturing / Access Business Group, LLC.
Location: Ada, MI
What’s special about this job:
The beverage manufacturing plant at Amway manufactures and produces beverages for consumption by its customers. This high-volume plant provides the opportunity to learn, develop, and grow into multiple skill sets across a variety of roles with training and development opportunities available. This versatile environment allows you to flow-to-work as needed, keeping up moving and engaged in all aspects of production. As a Technician in the plant, you will be a part of a collaborative team, learning all aspects of the plant’s operations. This role will have a focused career progression with a skill development system that allows for multiple avenues to promotion.
This position will initially operate on 1st shift with hours of operation from 6:00am – 4:00pm for the entirety of 2020, and the facility operates in four 10-hour shifts, Monday – Thursday (these hours/days are subject to change based on production needs). After the schedule is finalized, you will work on an Off Shift basis with hours to be determined.
How you would contribute to the role:
This proactive culture provides you the opportunity to learn all functional areas within the beverage manufacturing operation. You will learn and develop in a packaging environment: filling cans, connecting product delivery systems, and interacting with the Warehouse Operations. As you develop in your career, you will train other team members on proper standards and operating procedures and will provide peer feedback to team members. You will be instrumental in assuring practices, procedures, and policies are followed. Additional opportunities to handle other specialized tasks in the Mix and Warehouse operations will be available to achieve overall success within the operations team.
What skills and background will be important to be successful:
- Strong attention to detail/safety with high level of accuracy, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to problem solve and take initiative with strong communication skills and team-focus
- Accountability for trust and follow through on commitments with team members
- The drive to understand the root cause of issues, develop, and enhance processes with willingness to adapt to different approaches, ideas, tools, techniques, and processes
- Prior experience with manufacturing canning products, troubleshooting and repairing manufacturing equipment, or working in a warehouse environment is a plus
- Ability to navigate computer systems effectively (PMC, WinSPC, DC Link)
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs
- High School diploma
If you can see yourself as part of this collaborative environment, visit our website to apply: www.amway.jobs.