Currently, Meijer is looking for an Inventory Crew Member. The goal of this team is to ensure physical inventories are done accurately and professionally in our retail units. Delivering reliable inventory counts helps our stores and our customers.
- This is a full-time position, and includes benefits that Meijer invests in its team members.
- We offer a great schedule, typically you will work Monday through Thursday during the day.
- You will get to work at different locations, counting products in different store departments. This offers a new experience each day. You never have to worry about getting bored.
- You will be working as a part of a small team, in a fun and engaging retail environment.
- Teams travel together, and travel time is paid for certain trips (typically out of town travel).
Key responsibilities include:
- You will be working independently, so you will be responsible for physically counting merchandise in our stores, scanning the UPC and entering the count on a handheld computer.
- You will have the opportunity to deliver exceptional service to our customers, while you use your communication skills to effectively interact with store team members, which is essential.
- Accuracy and efficiency are extremely important in this job, so you will be able to track your daily progress toward your goals. You will also receive regular productive feedback.
- Your good judgement will be needed, as you will be working with confidential information and discretion is very important.
- You will also be asked to participate in other Auditing projects from time to time as opportunities arise. These audits keep company leadership up to date and informed on store conditions, execution, or other important measures.
This job requires that you have achieved High school graduation or equivalent with an understanding of general business math and bookkeeping.
There is an emphasis on your mental and visual efforts which are required to perform product counts.
Physical effort required for standing and walking during at least 95% of work time.
Physical effort required to frequently lift and/or move heavy objects.