Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.Currently Meijer is seeking multiple Senior UX Designers for our mobile and web products. The Sr. UX Designer is expected to lead the design of the overall digital experience and iterate in accordance with user research. The Senior UX Designer will lead the evolution of our Meijer.com and mobile applications through road mapping the design of major features that will impact our customer’s shopping experiences.
What You'll be Doing:
- Lead the ideation of experiences throughout different digital properties.
- Facilitate the product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Take business ideas and concepts and run workshops to promote design thinking.
- Create the user experience and information architecture for digital experiences.
- Define functionality, navigation, and interaction models through page level wireframes, sitemaps, use cases, and functional requirements in an agile environment.
- Lead concept testing, usability testing and analytics to understand target audiences’ needs, tasks and goals
- Conduct user research to create experience that address our customer needs and wants.
- Manage complex design problems and help facilitate design roadblocks.
- Simplify complex content for Meijer.com to turn ideas into functional, usable interfaces that allow a user to accomplish tasks rapidly with minimal room for error
- Be an advocate for consistency through different digital properties.
- Engage with CX and Stakeholders to incorporate user research and business requirements to build wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive multimedia user experiences.
- Present concepts and key milestone to peers and executive level stakeholders.
- Build and maintain design guidelines by following best practices and standards.
- Document and communicate complex, data-driven experiences with attention to detail.
This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position. May perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Art, Graphic Design, UI Design or other related field
- 5 or more years of experience with sketch or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Practical experience working in a Scrum/Agile environment desired
- Proven UI/UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Solid understanding of current mobile and desktop patterns
- Experience with mobile applications and eCommerce website is preferred.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Experience running design discovery sessions, design thinking sessions and managing user groups for discovery and testing.
- Ability to work well on cross-functional Agile teams and foster team commitment to tasks.
- Must have excellent skill in high-level abstract thinking and detail-oriented implementation; open minded to new ideas, approaches, and possesses the technical ability to implement ideas.
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, and presentation) skills along with the ability to collaborate across multiple business units and levels.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to IT teams, Product Owners, and business stakeholders.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.