Who we are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we've evolved into the global leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to have a better day at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop insights in every part of our business.
Why people choose to work with us:
Let's start with the cool?workspace—after all, that's?our business. But that's just one of the ways?we help people?like you?do their best work. We encourage curiosity and critical thinking, we embrace?wellbeing in its broadest sense and we provide coaching and inspiration at every step of your career journey.?
What you will be doing:
Steelcase currently is looking for a Corporate Patent Counsel for our Grand Rapids offices. This position is for a mid-level Patent Attorney with a minimum of 3-4 years of patent preparation and prosecution experience in a law firm and/or corporate legal function. The successful candidate will perform patent preparation and prosecution activities for a variety of the company’s products and likely act as the company's primary intellectual property legal advisor for one or more designated product groups and subsidiaries. While the primary job responsibilities are patent-related, the position will provide the opportunity to handle a broad range of agreement, intellectual property and other legal issues. The role will work closely within all levels of management within the delegated areas of responsibility.
Who you are:
- Ambitious with an eagerness to learn
- Curious about innovation and helping to facilitate innovation within an organization
- Passionate about helping product development teams resolve IP problems and surface IP opportunities
- Innovative and always experimenting with new ways to achieve results
- Adaptable with the ability to work with a degree of ambiguity
- Strategic with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities while meeting tight deadlines
- Trusted Advisor who values building relationships and collaborating with colleagues to achieve business objectives
- Law degree from a nationally recognized law school;
- Admission to the USPTO and a relevant State bar;
- An engineering degree or an equivalent technical background;
- A solid record of academic and technical achievement;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required for this position;
- Proven abilities to work effectively in a dynamic collaborative environment and lead teams and/or project activities are required for this position.
Your Future Team:
We are a team of friendly and versatile legal professionals. Our legal initiatives typically span across the organization and the globe. We will encourage you to network with many areas of the business, particularly those functions associated with product development activities where-ever those activities occur.
How to Apply:
We invite you to submit your resume/CV through our careers page – from steelcasecareersen.silkroad.com, view "Current Listings" and then search for the tracking code at the top of this posting. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are proud to have a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're always looking to get better. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else are all invited to apply.
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.