Valued. Respected. Invested in You!
Here’s your chance to do more of what you love and be part of an amazing team!
Our 11 fleet shops across the US maintain over 3000 tractors and trailers (reefer units) for our private, company-owned fleet.
We deliver daily to restaurants, healthcare operations, and schools.
Our customers depend on us - and we depend on our fleet techs for excellence!
What’s different about Gordon Food Service Fleet Shops?
- Extensive onboarding and continuous training to keep your skills up to date
- Hourly rates – no flat rates – we pay you for the time it takes to complete the job with quality
- Lifts – no pits for your safety
- Pipe over fill stations – no rolling carts and messy spills
- Clean organized parts room - efficient, saving you time
- We provide the heavier, specialty tools – you bring the basics
- Collaborative team environment
- Opportunities to grow your future within our company
Location: 7770 Kensington Court, Brighton, MI 48116
- Shift/Hours: 3rd Shift Sunday through Thursday!
- Pay: based upon experience
- Incentive pay $2.75/hr - most of our mechanics earn 80% or more of this incentive
- Guaranteed minimum of 40 hrs/week NO FLAT RATES
- $450/yr tool allowance
- $100/yr boot allowance
- You must be 18 years of age or older (required)
- Valid, unrestricted state-issued driver's license (required)
- Diesel tractor trailer experience preferred
- Ability to communicate in English (required) – writing, speaking, and reading
- Physical requirements include lifting up to 100 pounds
Find out more about our values, culture, and benefits at gfs.com/careers. Be part of it!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
If you require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to email@example.com and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.