Security Officer - Security * Shift varies - 36hrs/wk
To provide a safe and secure environment for employees, physicians, visitors, patients, and property of Metro Health hospital and its subsidiaries. Monitors and controls access to all area grounds, both internal and external. Participates in preparation and training for fire and other emergencies, responds to emergency request for security assistance, documents incidents, and transports employees and patients when necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Previous security experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and analytic ability.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Must be able to function under stressful circumstances and to quickly analyze and take appropriate action in emergency circumstances, also the ability to make independent decision-making.
- Security officers is in constant contact with others, a calm and professional disposition is essential, the security officer must adhere to strict code of ethics
- Pressure Point Control Tactics (PPCT) Certification or Threat Pattern Recognition Use of Force Basic certification is required within the first year and required annually, will train.
- Competency demonstrated with radio operations, de-escalation techniques, deployment of tactical pepper gel, and utilization of Security specific equipment.
- Must be accountable when supervisor is not on-site and must be able to take proper action or contact supervisors for assistance.
- Uses sound judgment and has critical decision-making skills to react quickly during crisis situations.
- Handles stress and maintains poise and confidence when dealing with the public and hospital staff.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Training and preparation for fires and other emergency situations conducting fire and disaster drills inspecting fire extinguishers and other emergency equipment.
- Responds to emergency request for security assistance documenting all activities and incidents.
- Assist with Morgue logistics
- Assists with physical restraints for patients and other individuals when necessary.
- Documents lost and found items and inventories.
- Investigates thefts and situations requiring security assistance.
- Records parking information and enforces parking policy.
- Escorts employees, patients, and visitors to their vehicles when needed.
- Assist in training new security staff.
- Will operate computers, security radio, and security cameras, security vehicles as well as all equipment necessary to perform duties.
- Operate and inspect transport vehicles.
- Conducts internal and external patrols for all shifts.
- Records activities on daily log to ensure communications with all shifts and officers.
- Customer Service responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned with predictable and reliable attendance.
Requisition #: req6650FTE status: 0.9