Job title: Senior Mechanical Engineer Product Design
Department / Division: Rapid Prototyping and Packaging Center / Innovation & Science
Location: Ada, Mi
What’s special about this team:
If you chased an engineering career, to invent, improve, and drive product innovation, this team of eight lives and breathes engineering creativity every day. This is a work hard, play hard team, who collaborates to provide prototyping research, design, and development services. This team offers product prototypes that are technically sound, meeting defined customer needs and objectives for our Nutrition, Beauty, or Home Care product categories. On this team you will be creating hand-built prototypes for new and creative products. This team will offer sample demonstration models that can fuel sales for our Amway Business Owners (ABO’s) around the globe, providing new product offerings that our ABO’s want to sell, and consumers want to buy.
How you would contribute to the role:
In this compelling role, you will partner with key stakeholders and other team members to lead design, development, validation and support, of new product ideas that drive consumer and business value. You will develop and deliver 3D CAD product designs, relevant to the product profile. This is a hands-on role, working alongside our model makers, to personally transform ideas into workable prototypes that will be used by our business partners. This is a role that will have you creating and evaluating technical solutions for consumer needs, performance, or business. You will be developing relevant product profiles, and evaluating or troubleshooting prototype products. Working collaboratively with broader teams, you will participate in ideation workshops, translating concepts into workable designs that can be evaluated for opportunity. You will be tasked to create and modify designs to comply with regulatory requirements for all relevant markets, providing technical insight to influence regulations, where necessary. Additionally, you will ensure prototype designs comply with all claims outlined in the product profile. This is an exciting role for an engineer that is creative and enjoys delivering innovation and creativity to new product development! Is this you??
What skills and background will be important to be successful:
- Minimum 6 years demonstrated Product Design experience, working in a consumer products or electro-mechanical design environment
- Demonstrated electro-mechanical design experience with design examples
- Talent and examples of innovation skills to transcend traditional ideas, rules and patterns, that have produced new ideas, products, or iterations that drive innovation
- Experience evaluating propositions or hypothesis, and making sound judgements on data provided
- Strong communicator, with ability to share technical and/or complex information to influence leaders and global collaborators
- Skilled in some of the following software: Pro E, Solid Works, Rhino, etc.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Design