Secondary Machine Operators
Position Summary: Secondary Machine Operator
- Read instructions from the current job ticket.
- Set up jobs according to general specifications or modify if necessary.
- Load / unload raw or finished material from machinery as needed.
- Operate secondary equipment (slitter, slotter, taper gluer, and stitcher) in accordance with job orders and operating procedures.
- Initiate action to prevent problems, document quality problems, contribute to solutions to problems, verify implementation of solutions and control further processes once problem/solution has been identified.
- Respect and conform to all accepted safe work practices and standards.
- Perform on-going preventative maintenance and keep equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Always set an example to co-workers by practicing safe work habits. Assure Work Areas are free from hazards that could cause injury or accidents. Report any unsafe conditions to Plant Management.
- Maintain a positive, cooperative attitude toward customers, co-workers, subordinates and management. Support, encourage, and participate in quality improvement projects in order that department activities meet or exceed Customer and company quality, service, and performance needs and expectations.
- Maintain a good attendance / punctuality record.
- Perform job within established standards. Offer suggestions to solve problems. Meet or exceed established machine set-up/run rate goals
- Perform other related duties as requested by Supervision / Management.
- Train and teach less experienced employees on specific machinery as directed by Plant Manager.
- Ability to work around moving and vibrating equipment while exposed to noise
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds on a constant and/or frequent basis
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, push, pull, reach on a constant and/or frequent basis
- Previous experience on slotter, slitter, taper gluer, stitcher and/or die cutters preferred
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize work tasks
- Ability to communicate well on all levels and good interpersonal skills required
- Must be able to read work orders and interpret manufacturing specifications, understand and use shop math, use and interpret measuring instruments (tape measures, calipers, stopwatch, gauges, calculator, etc.)
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent changes or unexpected events
- Possess the ability to work all shifts and required overtime as needed
- Must be able to write legibly, read and speak English
- Basic computer skills preferred
Job Type: Full-Time
- Life Insurance
Pay Rate: Starting at $14.00/HR, negotiable based on experience.