Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.The HR Analytics Sr. Specialist position is responsible for supporting all areas of Human Resources functions (Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, HR Generalist, Talent Development, Employee & Labor Relations) and business leaders utilizing new approaches to human capital data. This position acts as a critical member of the HR Analytics team focused on consulting and analytics development for human capital data. It also acts as the subject matter expert in creating scorecards and metrics for the purpose of evaluating, analyzing, and presenting data to Sr. Leadership.
What You'll be Doing:
- Combine HR functional knowledge with strong technical expertise of HR systems in order to drive process and system efficiencies/best practices, promote data integrity and ensure delivery of accurate reporting of data to the business.
- Develop, maintain, analyze and support reports of varying complexities utilizing appropriate reporting tools; define reporting needs, identify issues with existing audits and reports; create ad hoc queries and reports.
- Participate in defining Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and partners with other HR Business Partners in prioritizing metrics.
- Conduct internal and external HR bench marking to identify best practices and keeps abreast of industry trends; works across multiple data sources and applying basic statistical methods to gather, analyze, and interpret workforce data to derive useful information for a business audience.
- Conduct data analysis and modeling, spotting data trends, performing gap analysis, generating reports, and recommending improvements to current business metrics and the collection process.
- Develop and manage a strategic HR dashboard that will enable the HR team to proactively identify key opportunities and controls to accelerate Meijer’s transition to a high performance culture.
- Provide training to internal stakeholders on data interpretation, data evaluation, and statistical techniques; transfer knowledge and skills to clients in the area of analytical techniques and design approaches and processes for effective use of metrics and analytics across HR to drive business results.
- Format data, and develop and prepare charts, tables, and other related documents and graphics; producing clear, concise reports and presentations
- Provide project management; defines project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, forming project team and establishing project budget. Monitors and forwards project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, recommending actions and influencing team members.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Math, Statistics, Human Resources, or related degree required. Masters preferred.
- 2-4 years of Business Analyst experience with an emphasis on Human Resource Analytics.
- Practical experience with HR scorecards and/or workforce planning.
- Strong reporting background in HR Systems with advanced capability in data warehousing, dashboards and HR analytics.
- Strong understanding of database tables, views, relationships and joins.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use data to solve complex problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to translate complex data for a variety of audiences.
- Comprehensive knowledge of human resources functions, processes and database structure: system setup, inter-dependencies and data flow to track down problems.
- Ability to explain and lead discussion of results of analysis and projects in concise and professional manner; having confidence in presenting to all levels within the organization.
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated leadership, technical, and decision making skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised exercising a high degree of discretion and independent judgment.
- Solid technical problem solving capabilities with ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users/customers.
- Solid computer skills with thorough technical aptitude and attention to details; advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, Visio), with a strong background in Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Service oriented, collaborative approach to internal customer and peer relationships.
- Project management skills including the understanding of the key change management elements of deploying/executing a business analytics strategy.
- Ability to travel to off-site locations.
- Able to quickly build and manage partnerships across multiple levels (leadership team through managers) and organizations.