We are hiring a Advanced Analytics, Analyst who will be responsible for establishing relationships with business partners and executives in addressing complex problems and new business opportunities using data science techniques; developing predictive and prescriptive analytical solutions. Although your work will be highly technical, we are looking for someone with great communication skills and business acumen to lead the design of our analytical models to ensure these are best suited to support our digital transformation. You will collaborate with data engineers, business subject matter experts, process engineers and functional leadership to establish contextual understanding of our analytical solutions. You should feel comfortable having highly technical conversations but also being able to translate those into what it means for our business processes.
Who You Are:
- Provide leadership to effectively communicate results of analytical solutions using visual storytelling to broad audience, including business partners and executive leadership.
- Ability to Conceive, Design, Develop and Deliver as an internal business consultant applying data science, predictive and/or prescriptive analytics to solve critical business problems.
- Ability to identify emerging patterns that can be found through the analysis of big data, unstructured data, and data from multiple internal and external sources.
- Ability to translate business problems into applicable data science, statistical, mathematical solution, providing contextual insight to enhance and improve business decision making.
- Ability to manage projects with strong technical and data-driven components.
- Use both quantitative and qualitative data sources to successfully generate results.
- Able to overcome obstacles to achieve results, can work independently and as part of analytical project team to accomplish the objectives for our business partners.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to assimilate business concepts into tangible actions. Comfortable dealing with uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Strong business acumen.
- Strong communication skills.
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Predictive Analytics, Engineering, Economics, Operations Research or similar technical field is highly preferred;
- Experience in development and/or application of statistical analyses, forecasting, predictive and prescriptive modeling techniques.
- Knowledge of visualization platforms (e.g. Tableau, Microstrategy, PowerBI) and applied use in visual storytelling is preferred.
- Experience in Business Consulting or Strategy is preferred.
- General knowledge of business functions, operating models and applied business analytics experience is preferred.
- Experience with at least one open source programming languages (Python, R) is required.
Why People Choose to Work with Us:
At Steelcase, we put people at the center of everything we do. We understand the role of work and believe that it can bring meaning and purpose to the lives of our customers and our employees. We prioritize supporting our employees both in and out of work, in all aspects of their lives. When we bring our talents together, we make a positive lasting impact through our work and communities.
Who We Are:
Organizations around the world trust Steelcase to help them create places that help people work better, be inspired, and accomplish more.
We design, manufacture, and partner with other leading organizations to provide architecture, furniture, and technology solutions- accessible through a network of channels, including over 800 Steelcase dealer locations. Steelcase is a global, industry-leading, publicly-traded company with fiscal year 2021 revenue of $2.6 billion.
What Matters to Us:
More than qualifications, we’re looking for talent and potential. We are proud to have a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're always looking to improve our global community. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different from themselves, building mutual respect and positive relationships. We invite people from all backgrounds and genders to apply. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. We are proud to be recognized for our inclusive workforce by the Corporate Equality Index for the past nine years.
If you’re interested in Steelcase, but this isn’t the right time or role, join our Talent Community to be updated on future openings in your area(s) of expertise.