Who we are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we've evolved into the global leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to have a better day at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop insights in every part of our business. Watch this video to learn more about us.
Why people choose to work with us:
Let's start with the cool workspace—after all, that's our business. But that's just one of the ways we help people like you do their best work. We encourage curiosity and critical thinking, we embrace wellbeing in its broadest sense and we provide coaching and inspiration at every step of your career journey.
What you will be doing:
Your goal in this position is to research, design, revise and implement broad-based global compensation programs in the areas of salaried compensation, hourly pay, variable compensation, sales compensation, etc. You will be a subject matter expert in several areas of compensation and responsible for assigned client groups. You’ll indirectly lead initiatives and teams and may lead large projects involving multiple people and processes that have higher levels of impact. You will lead and manage the global, company-wide Employee Bonus Program, which includes managing the annual timeline, overseeing preparation of financial accruals and bonus payments, developing bonus plan documents and employee communication and education. You will perform ongoing analysis to recommend and implement program changes and process and system improvements.
Who you are:
- Strong consultative skills.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail.
- Must be financially literate and possess well-developed business acumen.
- Must be able to think strategically and execute tactically.
- Strong working knowledge of Fair Labor Standards Act and other employment related laws and regulations.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office, in particular Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of SAP and/or other HCM ERPs.
- Must be able to work individually and in a team and in a remote team.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with 5 plus years of applicable experience required.
- Consulting firm experience a plus.
- Multi-country compensation experience a plus.
Your Future Team:
You will work with a dynamic team, consisting of compensation colleagues from various regions of the world and numerous departments throughout the organization. You’ll report to the Director of Global Compensation. This is an individual contributor role.
We are proud to have a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're always looking to get better. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else are all invited to apply.
We seek to find the best person to fill this role and will not discriminate based on race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by law