Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.Creates technical specifications for Own Brand apparel while ensuring consistency in garment quality and fit.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop technical fit of assigned categories.
- Evaluate fit and pre-production garments for technical specifications, consistent fit, and proper construction.
- Work closely with Product Development and Merchants to carry out the intended technical fit.
- Assist in organizing and prioritizing workload to meet time and action calendar dates, partnering with other Technical Designers as needed.
- Adhere to established fit and construction standards by producing accurate specification packages including: sketch details, base size specifications, and graded measurements.
- Attend development hand-off meetings and ensure all technical design related requirements are addressed for all products.
- Measure fit and pre-production samples and record measurements in PLM.
- Create flat sketches and digital photo images as necessary to communicate corrections needed.
- Establish fit consistency across vendors.
- Educate Product Development and Merchants on technical fit.
- Establish and monitor parity of Meijer Own Brand with competition and national brands.
- Keep records of all information between Meijer and sourcing agents/suppliers.
- Work with Product Development and Merchants to understand strategic direction and provide support as needed.
- Investigate consumer complaints in regards to fit.
- Coordinate and leas fit sessions using dress forms to assess fit, proportion and overall drape of the garment.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring With You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Apparel Design or Pattern-making; or a minimum of three years related experience.
- Experience in technical design is required.
- Working knowledge of pattern-making, grading, technical fit, and construction standards.
- Working technical knowledge of fabrications and their characteristics.
- Positive, high energy and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Self-motivation with a strong work ethic, attention to detail and ability to work well within a creative team.
- Ability to think proactively and solve problems.
- Ability to research and apply market/trend information.
- Ability to work autonomously on key deliverables.
- Ability to work across all divisions and levels of the organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management, organizational and presentation skills.
- Computer proficiencywith Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Experience working with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Illustrator.?