RN - Registered Nurse - Interventional Radiology * Days - 36hrs/wk
The RN Staff Nurse is a professional care giver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame and provides care to these patients via therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, the environment / instrumentation, and other health care team members. Assigns and directs the work of related staff.
- Michigan Registered Professional Nurse licensure required.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- If hired after 8/1/2012 you will need to pursue and complete your BSN within 5 years from your date of hire.
- BLS for Healthcare Providers (American Heart Association) required.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- ASSESSMENT—Assess the patient's condition and physical, psychological, cognitive, social, rehabilitative, and discharge needs.
- PLANNING—Develop a plan of care using nursing diagnoses and setting patient outcome goals.
- IMPLEMENTATION—Implement nursing plan of care and physician's orders.
- IMPLEMENTATION—Establish priorities of patient care based on essential patient needs and available resources of time, personnel, equipment and supplies.
- IMPLEMENTATION—Perform nursing procedures, assist physicians, and use equipment following established standards.
- EVALUATION—Evaluate the patient’s response to nursing interventions and physician ordered therapy / diagnostics. Update or modify plan of care to meet the current needs of the patient.
- PATIENT EDUCATION—Educate the patient and significant others based on the cognitive needs of each and defined by patient outcome goals.
- DOCUMENTATION—Document concise, accurate and timely information in the patient care record.
- PATIENT/FAMILY RIGHTS—Demonstrate knowledge of and respect for patient and significant others’ rights, including confidentiality.
- SAFETY/RISK MANAGEMENT—Follow established standards in provision for safety.
- LEGAL ISSUES—Demonstrate awareness of legal issues in all aspects of patient care and department function and strive to manage situations in a reduced risk manner.
- EMERGENCIES—Perform efficiently in emergency patient situations following established standards, remaining calm, informing appropriate persons, and documenting events.
- KNOWLEDGE BASE—Maintain a current knowledge base and use standards of care in professional practice.
- PROFESSIONALISM—Assume responsibility for own practice including appearance, attendance, punctuality and flexibility in scheduling.
- SELF EDUCATION—Pursue self-directed learning experiences, continuing education, and seek direction when necessary.
- STAFF DEVELOPMENT—Participate in and promote staff development activities and achievement of department goals.
- QUALITY ASSURANCE/STANDARDS DEVELOPMENT—Participate in peer review, quality assurance, standards development, and research activities.
- COORDINATION/ORGANIZATION—Use delegation skills and therapeutic use of self to coordinate and organize patient care delivery.
- COORDINATION/ORGANIZATION—Set priorities in work using effective time management and support personnel to complete assigned work.
- PROBLEM SOLVING/DECISION MAKING—Practice effective problem identification and resolution skills as a method of sound decision making.
- COMMUNICATION—Use written and oral communication through designated channels to attain desired patient outcomes as well as department and hospital goals.
- STAFFING—Demonstrate flexibility in staffing patterns and resolution of staffing conflicts; participate in temporary assignment measures.
- ORIENTATION-Successful completion of unit-specific core competencies as defined in the orientation check-list.
- DELEGATION--Evaluates and identifies patient needs and assigns appropriate staff to address specific individual patient needs. Directs and reviews the work of support staff to assure nursing care plan is fully implemented and patient needs are addressed.
- Assumes supervisory duty for department employees in absence of Clinical Director and Clinical Coordinator per HR-45 policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
#RN Category: Nurse
Requisition #: req2766FTE status: 0.9