Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for highly talented hands on technical architects/developers to join our Professional Services organization, and help accelerate our customer’s journey to the cloud. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also using and expanding your skills working hands on with the future of everything. We are seeking highly motivated technical architects/developers that possess a unique balance of application development/architecture, cloud migration experience and strong interpersonal business acumen to build a scalable playbook for large-scale migrations to the AWS platform.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
In this role as an experienced cloud architect/developer, you will work with our customers in architecting, developing and re-engineering applications that can fully leverage the AWS Cloud. You will work on a variety of game changing projects, at the forefront of application development and cloud technology adoption. Achieving success will require coordination across many internal AWS teams and external AWS Partners, with impact and visibility at the highest levels of the company.
We are looking for hands on architects/developers who are passionate about:
· Helping customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage AWS services;
· Architecting and developing customer applications to be cloud optimized;
· Working as a technical leader alongside customer business, development and infrastructure teams;
· Providing deep software development knowledge with respect cloud architecture, design patterns and programming;
· Advising and implementing AWS best practices;
· Working as both an infrastructure and application development specialist;
· Agile software development and DevOps; and
· Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment.
This is a customer-facing role. You may be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
· BS level technical degree or equivalent professional or military experience
· Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).
· Extensive experience developing, designing and developing applications in a Public or Hybrid Cloud environment
· Experience in a customer facing role driving discussions with technical personnel regarding design, development and architecting best practices;
· Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability;
· Exposure to Agile development methodologies
· Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins);
· Scripting experience (e.g. Bash, Powershell, Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.);
· Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale;
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges;
· Verbal and written communications skills and ability to work effectively across organizations; and
· Experience with designing and building application using AWS services such as EC2, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS OpsWorks;
· Experience with unit or automated testing tools (e.g. Junit, TestNG);
· Hands on familiarity with CloudFormation, Terraform;
· Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible);
· Integration of AWS cloud services with on premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.;
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.