Job title: Project Manager
Department / Division: Project Management & Innovation Execution / Marketing
Location: Ada, MI
What do we need:
We are looking for a candidate who is a business minded, data and consumer insight driven professional with passion for mobilizing talent within an innovation system to deliver product and service innovation with impact. This individual needs to have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, experience developing new products in a high pace environment (preferably using Agile methods) and passion to lead cross-functional teams to develop and launch new products to Amway’s markets globally.
What’s special about this team:
The Project Management team is a global network of approx. 20 members across 4 locations (CA, MI, Shanghai, and Seoul) focused on delivering user centric product and solution innovations to over 60 markets across all of Amway’s brands in categories including Nutrition, Beauty, Personal Care, Home Care, Durables and Devices. We lead cross-functional teams including multidisciplinary expertise in Innovation & Science, Marketing and Supply Chain divisions which enables a broad understanding of the company, plays a key role in bringing the enterprise strategic agenda to life and offers ample opportunity for learning and personal growth. We also work with partners in Amway’s markets across the world to ensure that new innovations deliver impact for our customers and business owners as well as deliver enterprise growth ambitions.
What’s special about this role:
In this role you will lead cross-functional teams as they work to define and solve for consumer needs that offer meaningful business opportunity to Amway. You will lead projects to bring existing products in Amway’s portfolio to new markets or protect current sales and/or profit by making changes to existing products. You will also lead the team through the innovation funnel as they test and learn to determine desirable, viable and feasible product solutions to address those needs. Your stellar communication skills, ability to structure complex problems into well scoped deliverables, and focus on driving decisions to enable speed to market will be critical to your success. Project Managers play a critical role in establishing the tone, culture and values of the team in a way that inspires them and produces results. A strong understanding of innovation process, product development process and supply chain design will undergird your work on a daily basis. This role will be focused primarily on products for our brand in Healthy Beauty & Home categories.
- Minimum 3 years of experience leading single and multi-market new product commercialization projects and/or product modification initiatives
- Demonstrated strengths in the following: planning and organization; communication; stakeholder management; data driven decision making; urgent issue resolution; idea-to-market innovation; test-and-learn methods; project financial management; strategic thinking and application
- Experience developing processes to improve initiative execution
- Experience using Agile methodologies and practices and Human Centered Design to accelerate innovation pace and impact (preferred)
- BA/BS in Business, Supply Chain, Marketing or Science related field.
Skills to be successful in the role:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project; Knowledge of Tableau and Clarity helpful
- Experience in Beauty/Personal Care/Home Care or Nutrition industry (preferred)
This role is “Not” eligible for sponsorship.