Rev up your career with this amazing Vehicle Maintenance opportunity here at ETNA Supply!
Great benefits, 401k with company match, paid time off, bonuses and so much more!!!
Assist with various duties in the Fleet Department and Vehicle Maintenance shop and serve as back-up Driver as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
These include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Meet or exceed the expectations of our customers by providing a positive customer experience.
- Diagnose, rebuild, and repair vehicles.
- Perform inspections and preventive maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
- Prepare and maintain records and reports.
- Maintain general housekeeping and organization of the shop.
- Utilize service truck to diagnose and repair broken down vehicles within a day’s drive at other Etna locations.
- Maintain sufficient parts inventory and coordinate parts runs or outsource service as needed.
- Maintain all required certifications for the position.
- Comply with all federal, state, and local driving laws and DOT and FMCSA regulations.
- Comply with applicable OSHA regulations and safety policies/procedures.
- Operate company-owned and leased trucks to make timely and safe deliveries of product to required destination and provide friendly, helpful customer service during delivery and pick-up operations.
- Maintain all property entrusted to you in excellent condition, i.e. vehicle, fluid levels, lights, interior components, straps, and tarps.
- Serve as a light duty mechanic, including but not limited to checking lights, checking tire pressure, and assisting with vehicle services.
- Chase parts and label, organize, and put parts away.
- Pick up and deliver trucks and equipment.
- Prep and clean vehicles for auction.
- Perform fabrication as needed.
- Clean shop.
- Assist with loading and unloading equipment.
- Check registration and insurance as vehicles rotate through shop.
- Switch/spot trailers.
- Serve as a part-time and back-up dispatcher.
- Assist with McElroy machines.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Work safely.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of DOT, FMCSA, and OSHA regulations.
- Working knowledge federal, state, and local driving laws.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, priorities, and deadlines and easily adapt to changing situations in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of methods, materials, tools, techniques, and equipment used in vehicle and equipment repair and maintenance.
- Ability to diagnose mechanical problems and repairs.
- Working knowledge of paint and bodywork, mechanical design and fabrication, electrical systems, and welding.
- Ability and skill to use power and hand tools and diagnostic equipment.
- Effective communication, customer service, organization, teamwork, judgement, detail-orientation, and stress management skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide with or without using a calculator.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and DOT/fleet-related software, programs, and websites.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent; or
- Six months of related experience or training; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications and/or Licenses:
- Valid CDL-B License with acceptable driving record
- Current DOT medical certificate
- Ability to pass operator exam and drive powered industrial equipment
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to stand and walk; talk and hear; reach, grasp, handle, feel, and use fingers.
- Regularly required to stoop and crouch, kneel, and climb; carry; and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to fulfill the essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and a safe manner.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include clear vision at 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more, depth perception, and color vision.
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, and vibrations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Pass substance abuse screening.