Job Title: Manufacturing Technician- Cosmetics Plant -2nd Shift
(M-TH 3pm-1am, train on first shift for first 6 months)
Department / Division: Cosmetics / Manufacturing
Associate Technician - $18.00 per hour plus $1.00 shift differential
Manufacturing Technician - $19.25 per hour plus $1.00 shift differential
Location: Ada, MI
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a Manufacturing Tech to join our team in our Cosmetics Plant. This role will operate on a 2nd shift schedule working Monday through Thursday 3:00pm – 1:00am. This role will train on 1st shift for up to 6 months.
As a Manufacturing Technician in the plant, you will be part of a collaborative team, learning all aspects of the plant’s operations.
In this versatile role, you will have the opportunity to learn all functional areas within Cosmetics
- High school diploma
- Must be capable of lifting 0 – 50 lbs
- Attestation of English language ability – proficiently able to read, speak, and write in English in order to understand instructions, standard operating procedures, and safety warnings/notifications/trainings/processes
- Ability to read, interpret, and verbally communicate GMP & FDA documentation and regulation
- All above experience, plus:
- Prior experience with manufacturing food products, troubleshooting and repairing manufacturing equipment, or working in cGMP environment
Skills to be successful in the role:
- Strong attention to detail/safety and a high level of accuracy
- Willingness to follow strict cleanliness/sanitation guidelines
- Organizational and time management skills
- The ability to trust and follow through on commitments with team members
- The drive to understand the root cause of issues and develop and enhance processes
- Willingness to adapt to different approaches, ideas, tools, techniques, and processes
Physical requirements of position:
- Frequent bending and continuous twisting for the purpose of working on equipment from below level to overhead, picking, gathering and packing orders from shelves to conveyors and loading and combining orders, adding raw materials to blends and weigh-up
- Frequent computer operation (e.g.; typing, reading monitor, etc.) for up to 6 hours.
- Frequent gripping for up to 6 hours, for the purpose of operating hand and power tools, equipment hand controls, gripping ropes and/or chains, and selecting and grabbing product for mixing, packing, or shipping/receiving
- Continuous lifting and carrying of 50-pound packed boxes and equipment
- Continuous standing and walking up to 8 hours.
- Continuous use of upper body (arms, wrists, hands) for up to 12 hours
- Continuous twisting for the purpose of picking, gathering and packing orders from shelves to conveyors, adding raw materials in weigh-up and blending, and turning while driving moving vehicles
- Frequent climbing for the purpose of climbing on and off equipment on ladders.
This role is “Not” eligible for sponsorship.
What’s special about this facility:
The Cosmetics Plant manufactures and produces Cosmetics for Amway’s Nutrilite Brand of products. This high volume, fast paced facility continues to experience significant business demand. To support this high-volume demand, we are excited to grow our team, and are excited to meet you.