Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.Meijer is seeking an Application Engineer for our Enterprise IT team. This position is responsible for implementation and enhancement of vendor software applications; specifically, Microsoft tools. The Application Engineer provides overall business function knowledge to projects and support, incorporating scaled agile framework. This position collaborates with vendors, company customers, IT colleagues, and other stakeholders to understand customer requirements and system interfaces, assess available technologies/vendor packages, and present solutions.
What You'll be Doing:
- Coordinates, implements, and configures Microsoft tools and technologies: Office365, SharePoint, Teams, Power Platforms, PowerShell, Exchange Online, and Azure.
- Identify and assist in deployment of solutions.
- Optimizes packages to meet SLA/functional requirements.
- Provides detailed technical consulting support on vendor applications and interfaces.
- Coordinates with ITS Security and Infrastructure teams to ensure secure deployment of vendor applications.
- Interfaces with other business areas and IT partners to develop acceptance criteria for Epics, Features, and user stories and ensures acceptance criteria are met.
- Works within the SAFe Agile framework and utilizes ITIL best practices.
- Participates with other IT members, customers, and other stakeholders in new product reviews, tests, and pilots.
- Performs feasibility studies/proofs of concept, to evaluate solutions.
- Assists in production support and maintenance of applications in accordance with ITIL as needed.
- Actively participates in all team Agile ceremonies. This job role may also provide facilitation of activities for Agile teams within Meijer ITS as acting Scrum Master.
This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s or equivalent.
- Any SAFe certification or training preferred.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in systems development, programming, or configuration.
- Experience as a team member on project teams in a cross-functional environment. Experience on Agile teams is preferred.
- Strong business knowledge, with hands-on experience managing Microsoft tools and technologies: Office365, SharePoint, Teams, Power Platforms, PowerShell, Exchange Online, and Azure.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
- Analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills.
- Knowledge of secure code design principles and practices.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Ability to provide high level of quality and productivity.