Who we are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we've evolved into the global leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to have a better day at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability, and develop insights in every part of our business.
Why people choose to work with us:
We believe you will enjoy joining our highly creative design team focused on leadership spaces. Your colleagues are trendsetters and are experienced in designing spaces that support Steelcase’s extensive research. Students will gain insights on how to translate customer needs into design concepts that lead to product solutions. As a member of the team, you will utilize your design and space planning skills and then share and communicate your work with our dealers, design firms and customers.
We know you’ll love our state of the art environment and engaging works spaces.
What you will be doing:
We trust you’ll appreciate seeing the entire life-cycle of a design idea. In the role you will:
· Participate in projects from concept through execution.
· Work with surface materials palette selection, supporting critical project organization processes along with creating presentations.
· Curate and organize a design library of applications.
· Organize small material library, order samples, and send out samples to clients.
· Propose design solutions to end-user clients.
Then you’ll work on:
· Space planning
· Designs using the design process
· Storytelling through creative spaces
Additionally, you’ll enjoy the opportunity to regularly work and network with a wide variety of global teams to learn about other areas of design that may interest you, like materiality.
Who you are:
· You are ambitious to learn something new and take the initiative to explore the possibilities.
· Would others describe you as passionate?
· Are you both creative and analytical?
· Are you detail-oriented?
· You love tackling various projects at once and maintaining effective communication with teammates.
· You love working at a fast pace and can execute any task that is thrown your way.
· Do you have a diverse background of experiences?
· You can communicate effectively across multiple channels.
· You love working in a group or team.
What we need from you:
· Experience with SketchUP, Adobe Creative Suite, and CET is a bonus.
· Preferred Year: Junior (Spring/Winter 2021 expected graduation)
· Expected Start Date: November/ December 2019
· Expect Hours for School Year:20
· Expected Hours for Summer: 40
This is a year-round position, working part-time hours during the school semester and full-time hours during the summer.
Please make sure to upload a link within your resume or PDF copy of your portfolio as well.
Your Future Team:
· We are in constant collaboration as a team and cross-functionally.
· Our design group is aesthetically and culturally diverse.
· We are a flexible and open group of people.
· We believe you'll learn we are approachable, open to questions, new ideas and strive for your growth and success. We are eager to mentor you.
· We truly believe in autonomy and trust you to accomplish your goals.
FYI: We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're always looking to get better. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else are all invited to apply.
We seek to find the best person to fill this role and will not discriminate based on race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by law.