MD/DO - Physician - Endocrinologist
Requisition #: req287
FTE status: 1
Metro Health - University of Michigan Health is seeking a board eligible or board certified Endocrinologist.
About Metro Health – University of Michigan Health: As an affiliate of University of Michigan Health, Metro Health offers the region integrated access to a world class system of leading edge healthcare services with its patient-centric, holistic approach. The 208-bed hospital anchors the Metro Health Village in Wyoming, Michigan, serving more than 250,000 patients annually from across West Michigan and beyond. More than 61,000 emergency patients are treated each year. Sixteen primary care and twenty-three specialty care offices provide services throughout West Michigan. More than 500 physicians on staff provide state-of-the-art treatment for cancer, heart and vascular disease, stroke and trauma. Specialty services include neurosciences, pulmonology, gastroenterology, cardiology, endocrinology, bariatrics, orthopedics and wound care. In 2018, Metro Health was the only Grand Rapids area hospital included among the "101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For" by the National Association of Business Resources based on job satisfaction, recognition, diversity, work/life balance and compensation and benefits, among other things. The hospital is committed to promoting health and wellness through the work of the Metro Health Hospital Foundation, Live Healthy community outreach classes and educational programs. For more information visit www.metrohealth.net, follow us on Twitter @MetroHealthGr and like the hospital on Facebook.com/MetroHealth.
WORK ENVIRONMENT FEATURES:
•Located in beautiful West Michigan
•Great mentorship and growth opportunities
• Ability to work with both Medical Students and Residents
•15 minutes from Gerald R. Ford International Airport
•Approximately 35 minutes from Lake Michigan
•Supportive community with good public and private schools
- Education requirement
- Experience requirement
- Certification / License requirement
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Strong telephone skills and etiquette
- Knowledge of basic math and office/hospital procedures
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Proven flexibility and willingness to handle a variety of tasks
- Basic computer knowledge and skills
- Experience with computer data entry and strong typing skills
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provides and manages direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment for a specified patient population.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
- Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
- Trains and supervises medical students and residents engaged in specialty activities and procedures, as appropriate.
- May manage the daily operations of a specific medical program, patient care unit, or research function.
- Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of nursing and support staff as required.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- As appropriate to the position, participates in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention programs.
- Recognizes and reports problems, errors, and discrepancies to the Site Medical Director and VP/COO of Metro Enterprises.
- Reports to work on time, as scheduled, and is dependable and cooperative.
- Organizes and prioritize assigned work, and schedules time to accommodate work demands, turnaround-time requirements, and commitments.
- Contributes to team efforts.
- Conducts themselves in a positive and cooperative manner.
- Handles difficult and sensitive situations tactfully.
- Adhere to the Hospital's corporate compliance standards regarding proper documentation for billing and reimbursement purposes and also relative to the teaching physician supervision of interns and residents.
- Perform all other related duties as necessary.
Category: Health Care